As part of our top percentile in terms of performance, the Sovarcate HS980E already has the edge over the Kizen LaserPro LP300 from the get-go. Our benchmark gives the Sovarcate infrared thermometer a 7.1 out of 10. Meanwhile, the Kizen gets a score of just 5.2.
As such, if you’re looking for accuracy in an ideal infrared thermometer, the Sovarcate HS980E will be the way to go.
But not only so, but the Sovarcate HS980E also ranks very highly in design and usability. With its rugged design, backlit LCD screen, and bright laser emitter, our reviewer gave it a score of 9.8 out of 10 — around 0.5 points higher than the Kizen, which is right behind at 9.3
The usability of the Sovarcate HS980E is also among the best we’ve seen yet, with a total score of 8.3. While the Kizen is also very good, it still trails behind the Sovarcate with a score of 7.2.
So, the Sovarcate HS980E will constitute a decent upgrade over the Kizen in every respect, from measurement accuracy to design and usability.
Pros & Cons
- Quite affordable for what it is
- Solid build quality
- Laser emitter is bright and can be easily tracked
- Display panel is decently bright and data points can be easily read in many conditions (under studio lighting, in the dark, etc.)
- Handle is indented and textured for easier gripping
- Loud speaker
- Fairly accurate and reliable temperature readings.
- Rugged, industrial design
- Extremely bright laser emitter
- Color LCD VA screen panel
- Comes with a good selection of measurement modes
- Very loud speakers
- Mediocre measurement accuracy
- Doesn’t have many measurement mode
- The backlight can’t be turned off
- Measurement accuracy can be better.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Cold Test with Ice
Hot Test with Cooking Oil
In the Box
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.