The Sovarcate HS960D outshines the Kizen LaserPro LP300 in every aspect, making it a more enticing option. With an impressive measurement accuracy score of 6.7 out of 10 in our benchmark, the HS960D surpasses the competition. In contrast, the Kizen thermometer falls short with a mere 5.2 out of 10, failing to pass the hot test involving cooking oil and receiving a disappointing 3.1 out of 10 scores in this particular test segment.
Regarding design, both models are on par with each other. However, the Sovarcate HS960D has a slight advantage over the Kizen LaserPro LP300. It features a slightly brighter laser emitter and display, adding to its appeal.
In terms of usability, both models are equally user-friendly. They offer good handling and have a decently loud speaker. However, it's worth noting that they only come with a single measurement mode, which may be limiting for some people.
Pros & Cons
- Decently accurate and reliable performance
- Rugged and well-built housing
- Bright, single-dot laser emitter
- Brightly-lit colored LCD VA screen panel
- Has a speaker
- Textured handgrip and tactile trigger make the thermometer easy and comfortable to use
- Quite affordable for what it is
- Solid build quality
- Laser emitter is bright and can be easily tracked
- Display panel is decently bright and data points can be easily read in many conditions (under studio lighting, in the dark, etc.)
- Handle is indented and textured for easier gripping
- Loud speaker
- Doesn’t come with many measurement modes
- Mediocre measurement accuracy
- Doesn’t have many measurement mode
- The backlight can’t be turned off
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Cold Test with Ice
Hot Test with Cooking Oil
In the Box
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.