Between the Sovarcate HS980E and the Mecurate IRT600A is a very tight race. The Sovarcate did slightly better in the performance test, receiving a total score of 7.1 out of 10. In contrast, the Mecurate IRT600A only received a total score of 6.9. This is still a very good reading, but — at least on paper — you’ll get more accurate results with the Sovarcate HS980E than with the Mecurate thermometer.
Both models did well in the design and usability tests. In these respects, it’s also a close race between these two models. Both feature colored LCD panels, both have very bright laser emitter, and the handling experience that our reviewers had with both were excellent. However, the Sovarcate HS980E did marginally better.
As a general consensus, you’ll find both models to be great infrared thermometers with accurate measurements and a good user experience. But if you must pick one, we recommend the Sovarcate HS980E over the Mecurate.
Pros & Cons
- Fairly accurate and reliable temperature readings.
- Rugged, industrial design
- Extremely bright laser emitter
- Color LCD VA screen panel
- Comes with a good selection of measurement modes
- Very loud speakers
- Solid build quality.
- Has several measurement modes.
- Practical laser emitter with 13-point patterning.
- Easy to handle with a clicky, tactile trigger.
- Bright, colored VA display panel.
- Comes bundled with a meat thermometer
- Measurement accuracy can be better.
- Unreliable readings. Multiple continuous scans are required before the thermometer “re-calibrates” itself and output more accurate results.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Cold Test with Ice
Hot Test with Cooking Oil
In the Box
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.