- Performance (60%)3.9
- Design (25%)6.6
- Usability (15%)7.0
- Performance (60%)9.8
- Design (25%)9.7
- Usability (15%)9.7
To choose between the Oster BLSTPB-WBL and the NutriBullet 900-Watt Pro, you may need to determine what you need from a single-serve blender. If you simply need a solution for combining soft ingredients, the Oster BLSTPB-WBL is not a bad choice.
As a higher-powered blender, the NutriBullet 900-Watt Pro is particularly suitable for those requiring more on the heavy-blending performance side. The 900-Watt motor is more than sufficient to make the blender a stand-alone ice crusher, so there were no surprises in its peerless performance in our tests of making frozen fruit smoothies or protein shakes.
However, you’ll need to consider your budget as well. While the Oster BLSTPB-WBL is a low-cost personal blender, the NutriBullet 900-Watt Pro is sold at a price that not everyone is able to afford.
Pros & Cons
- It is affordable but better than its competitors at blending frozen fruits.
- The light-duty motor works consistently for basic tasks like making smoothies, protein shakes, whole-food sauces, and more.
- Its usability allows for an enjoyable blending experience.
- There is a built-in, resettable fuse, which will revive the motor in 15 minutes if it overheats.
- It is very easy to assemble and use.
- Stainless steel extractor blades are tough enough to power through even solid ingredients like ice cubes.
- BPA-free plastic cups are durable and dishwasher safe.
- Hands-free operation offers superior convenience
- Motor base is very stable.
- The blending jar is somewhat difficult to clean due to its narrow design.
- The small circumference of the jar’s opening makes adding powders and fruits quite messy.
- This blender is not ideal for quick fibrous meals.
- It's difficult to clean the blades’ undersides.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Hand Free Operation
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.