- Performance (60%)3.9
- Design (25%)6.6
- Usability (15%)7.0
- Performance (60%)6.1
- Design (25%)7.4
- Usability (15%)7.0
These models have a lot in common. Both are average personal blenders, with standard features and plenty of practicality for day-to-day use. In our tests, they performed similarly, with the exception that the Oster BLSTPB-WBL didn’t make protein shake as well as the BLACK+DECKER FusionBlade.
Besides the reassuring performances, both also stand quite firmly while in operation, and their simplicity make them as easy to use as any basic personal blender. If only they allowed for hands-free operation so you could manage multiple tasks at once.
In conclusion, if you're on a budget and just want to buy something basic, both the Oster BLSTPB-WBL and the BLACK+DECKER FusionBlade will not disappoint you.
Pros & Cons
- It is affordable but better than its competitors at blending frozen fruits.
- The light-duty motor works consistently for basic tasks like making smoothies, protein shakes, whole-food sauces, and more.
- Its usability allows for an enjoyable blending experience.
- There is a built-in, resettable fuse, which will revive the motor in 15 minutes if it overheats.
- It offers consistent performance.
- There is an extra blending jar with twist-on travel lids included.
- The motor is more than sufficient for light-duty tasks.
- It has a fetching, well-finished, and simple design.
- The blending jar is somewhat difficult to clean due to its narrow design.
- The small circumference of the jar’s opening makes adding powders and fruits quite messy.
- This blender is not ideal for quick fibrous meals.
- It doesn’t allow for hands-free operation
- A better blade assembly could make blending more efficient.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Hand Free Operation
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.