- Performance (60%)0
- Design (25%)5.9
- Usability (15%)4.9
- Performance (60%)1.4
- Design (25%)5.0
- Usability (15%)5.7
The OBERLY leans into its cordless operation, making it portable, whereas the Hamilton Beach 51101AV promotes a compact, space-saving design. Nonetheless, While these two blenders both position themselves as budget-friendly options, our tests found them underwhelming in performance.
In our smoothie tests, neither blender managed to produce the sought-after rich, ice-cream consistency. The OBERLY, although achieving smoother blends, suffered from extended blending times; the rapid thawing of frozen fruits resulted in watery mixtures. The Hamilton Beach, on the other hand, was hampered by its subpar motor and blade design, leading to chunky blends. Their capabilities also waned in protein shake preparation, ice crushing, and the extraction of leafy greens, with only mediocre results.
Pros & Cons
- Cordless design provides excellent mobility.
- Quite convenient for small batches of baby food and fresh fruit smoothies.
- It’s very easy to charge the battery.
- Inexpensive and easy to use with one-touch blending.
- Blending cup features measuring lines.
- Compact design makes it perfect for use in small spaces.
- It is adequate for light blending performance.
- The 175-watt motor is too weak to ensure quick, smooth blends.
- In exchange to its cheap price is a relatively flimsy construction.
- For a thorough blending process, it requires cutting the food into tiny particles.
- Some may find it annoying to shake the blender while it is blending.
- The low-powered motor limits its capabilities.
- Poorly-built quality impairs the machine’s overall performance and durability.
- It works inconsistently
- The blades are too short, which affects the blending time and final results.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Hand Free Operation
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.