- Performance (60%)9.4
- Design (25%)9.6
- Usability (15%)9.7
- Performance (60%)8.8
- Design (25%)9.7
- Usability (15%)9.7
Although the Ninja BL480D Nutri boasts impressive features, we were left wanting more in terms of the texture and quality of the blends it produced, especially given its hefty price tag. While it was capable of creating protein shakes, blending leafy greens, liquefying frozen fruit, and crushing ice, we found that the Ninja BN401 slightly outperformed it in these areas yet being more budget-friendly.
For those who value compactness in their personal blenders, the bulkier design of the Ninja BL480D Nutri may not be ideal. Despite both models having the same 24-oz container capacity and Auto-IQ presets, the BN401 is somewhat more compact. It also boasts a more modern design which makes it far more appealing and exudes a sense of sophistication and style.
In conclusion, if you have to choose between these blenders, we highly recommend the Ninja BN401 Nutri Pro Compact over the Ninja BL480D Nutri.
Pros & Cons
- This blender is an all-arounder that works without a fuss.
- Nearly all of its capability is outstanding—it’s very well equipped to crush ice and make smoothies.
- The 1000-watt motor provides heavy-duty blending performance.
- Smart preset programs are designed to deliver excellent consistency.
- There are solid design details throughout the blender.
- A powerful motor allows for heavy-duty blending
- Stainless steel extractor blades are exceptionally tough
- Hands-free operation offers greater convenience
- Sturdy motor base ensures stable performance
- Blending cups are included with to-go lids
- The motor base is roughly the same size as a standard full-sized blender.
- It’s relatively noisy.
- It’s heavy and quite bulky
- The control panel is gimmicky
- The feets’ suction is so strong making it challenging to remove the base
- The premium price tag might be a high barrier for many people
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Hand Free Operation
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.