- Performance (60%)9.4
- Design (25%)9.6
- Usability (15%)9.7
- Performance (60%)6.1
- Design (25%)7.4
- Usability (15%)7.0
The Ninja BN401 Nutri Pro Compact is undoubtedly a top-tier choice among personal blenders, outperforming the lower-priced competition such as the BLACK+DECKER FusionBlade. In every test, the Ninja BN401 demonstrated superior blending capabilities, making quick work of even the most challenging ingredients to produce consistently smooth results. Its advanced Auto-iQ presets further enhance the blending experience, making it even easier to achieve the perfect blend every time.
While the BLACK+DECKER FusionBlade didn't necessarily blow us away during testing, it still provided acceptable performance for its price range. It offers a budget-friendly option for those seeking a stylish and functional single-serving blender without sacrificing too much in terms of blending capabilities. While it may not be as quick as some of the higher-powered models we tested, including the Ninja BN401, we found that it was able to blend frozen fruit, leafy greens, and protein shakes with raw nuts to a nearly smooth consistency.
Pros & Cons
- This blender is an all-arounder that works without a fuss.
- Nearly all of its capability is outstanding—it’s very well equipped to crush ice and make smoothies.
- The 1000-watt motor provides heavy-duty blending performance.
- Smart preset programs are designed to deliver excellent consistency.
- There are solid design details throughout the blender.
- It offers consistent performance.
- There is an extra blending jar with twist-on travel lids included.
- The motor is more than sufficient for light-duty tasks.
- It has a fetching, well-finished, and simple design.
- The motor base is roughly the same size as a standard full-sized blender.
- It’s relatively noisy.
- It doesn’t allow for hands-free operation
- A better blade assembly could make blending more efficient.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Hand Free Operation
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.