The Magic Bullet left us rather underwhelmed, particularly given its subpar performance across all our tests. Whether blending protein shakes, frozen fruit smoothies, or leafy green concoctions, it significantly lagged behind the La Reveuse.
Apart from blending efficiency, the Magic Bullet doesn't shine in terms of aesthetic and quality, either. It comes across as rather plain, if not somewhat cheaper in appearance. Despite being advertised as made of "high-impact plastic", its build quality was immediately questionable upon inspection. The La Reveuse, on the other hand, coupled its competent performance with a build that instilled more confidence.
All things considered, it's apparent that the La Reveuse offers a far more efficient and reliable blending experience. The Magic Bullet, despite its popularity and extra included accessories, fails to be a worthy investment when evaluated on its practical utility.
Pros & Cons
- Extra blending cup and twist-on travel lid make this blender perfect for those who are always on the go.
- It boasts a consistent and dependable performance.
- The motor doesn’t struggle much to handle frozen fruits.
- User-friendly design allows for easy control and operation.
- Easy to use, assemble, and clean.
- Stainless steel extractor blades are pretty solid.
- Three extra blending cups are included.
- The narrow design makes the blending cup tricky to clean.
- The blending cup's small opening makes it quite messy to add food, especially powders.
- It doesn’t allow for hands-free operation.
- It is not suitable for blending frozen fruits or raw nuts.
- Motor base jumps around while operating.
- Build quality is not good.
- Its performance is inconsistent.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Crushed Ice Cubes
In the Box
Speed and Controls
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.