- Performance (50%)5.8
- Design (20%)6.8
- Usability (30%)7.8
- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)8.7
- Usability (30%)7.8
These models are two different ranges of immersion blenders. While the Chefman 6-in-1 is budget-friendly, the Breville BSB510XL is built for those seeking luxurious and modern blending experience. As such, choosing between them is more about your budget than any other factor. If you can afford the extra $80, the Breville BSB510XL is the better one to buy, given its slightly better profile.
In our tests, we found the Chefman 6-in-1 wasn’t as good at pulverizing solid ingredients, such as raw almonds and frozen fruits. It didn’t pureé as evenly as the Breville BSB510XL, either. When it came to making mayonnaise, however, its whisk attachment could churn out the perfect emulsion which was much more creamy and favorable than that produced by the competition.
Pros & Cons
- It can blend frozen fruits, chop vegetables, emulsify sauces, and beat eggs.
- The motor runs quietly.
- Its accessory package includes many helpful pieces.
- The ergonomically-designed handle provides a comfortable grip.
- It performs with consistent efficiency.
- It comes with extra accessories.
- There are many innovative features like ergonomic pistol-like control grip with trigger operation.
- Non-scratch base helps prevent scratching pots.
- The whisk attachment brings more versatility.
- The metal blending shaft and whisk damaged our cookware’s surface.
- The heavy blending performance is limited
- The blade housing base is relatively large, making it hard to fit well in certain blending containers.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.