- Performance (50%)7.3
- Design (20%)6.8
- Usability (30%)7.4
- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)8.7
- Usability (30%)7.8
Both offer a versatile blending experience, but their performance is just adequate, not great. Despite being higher priced, the Breville BSB510XL Control Grip wasn’t quite as good as the Mueller Ultra-Stick in our tests. While we appreciate the extra convenient features of this fancy blender, we haven't found such goodies contribute much to the texture’s quality. Nonetheless, we still recommend the Breville BSB510XL if comfort is a priority for you.
The Mueller Ultra-Stick did perform a particularly better job of preparing frozen fruit smoothie and pureeing hot soup, but we weren’t comfortable maneuvering it. If you use this blender continuously for more than one batch, your fingertips may begin to feel a bit fatigued.
Pros & Cons
- It’s budget-priced but loaded with accessories
- The stainless steel exterior is corrosion resistant
- The handle is uniquely-designed with a comfortable grip
- Wiping it down is not so difficult
- The whole blender can be hung on a hook with other kitchen tools
- It performs with consistent efficiency.
- It comes with extra accessories.
- There are many innovative features like ergonomic pistol-like control grip with trigger operation.
- Non-scratch base helps prevent scratching pots.
- The whisk attachment brings more versatility.
- The low-quality construction cannot ensure durability
- The blade isn’t good at preparing frozen smoothies or pulverizing solid ingredients
- The whisk attachment doesn’t provide consistent performance
- The heavy blending performance is limited
- The blade housing base is relatively large, making it hard to fit well in certain blending containers.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.