- Performance (50%)6.0
- Design (20%)9.1
- Usability (30%)8.0
- Performance (50%)5.7
- Design (20%)6.0
- Usability (30%)6.4
The quality of materials and construction of the All-Clad is excellent. The Hamilton Beach 2-speed, on the other hand, is somewhat on the flimsy side. The All-Clad is top heavy and too badly weighted for a comfortable grip. Furthermore, its motor doesn’t accelerate smoothly, which may cause hand fatigue if you are blending more than one batch in the same session. The Hamilton Beach 2-speed is likewise uncomfortable to use, but at least, it is more compact and has a balanced weight.
In terms of performance, neither of them was capable of making mayonnaise, but the All-Clad also fell short to the rival in beating egg whites. For the remaining tests, the All-Clad was far better than the Hamilton Beach 2-speed in pulverizing solid foods like almonds and frozen fruits due to a more powerful motor.
Pros & Cons
- The heavy-duty motor is perfect for frozen fruit smoothies.
- High-quality construction ensures great durability.
- The handle is designed to be easy to grip and maneuver.
- It can be used for pureeing cooked vegetables, fresh fruits, and baby food.
- Its easy-grip design allows for flexible control
- All the accessories are dishwasher safe
- The price is upscale but there is not much in return for its efficiency.
- It's just average at making pureéd soup.
- Uneven acceleration causes an unpleasant blending experience.
- The hefty weight may cause hand fatigue.
- It isn’t powerful enough for many blending tasks
- The two included attachments are almost useless
- It isn’t durable due to the poorly-constructed design
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Whipped Egg Whites
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.