- Performance (50%)6.5
- Design (20%)6.6
- Ease of Use (30%)9.2
- Performance (50%)6.3
- Design (20%)9.8
- Ease of Use (30%)6.6
The Presto Flipside Belgian waffle maker and the Euro Cuisine WM520 are in the same price range. And each one offers a unique set of features for the user.
The Presto Flipside has a flippable design, which can help the waffle cook more evenly. It also comes with a timer to help you keep track of the cooking process. The Presto cooks full-size Belgian waffles measuring 7 inches across.
In our test, the Presto performed acceptably well. It wasn’t perfect, but it would do the job for breakfasts and daily meals.
Meanwhile, the Euro Cuisine WM520’s highlight is its heart-shaped waffle plates (Norwegian style). The beautiful waffles it creates make the Euro Cuisine WM520 super useful for preparing meals during special occasions like Christmas and Thanksgiving. But of course, if you want to spice up your morning breakfast, these heart-shaped waffles are just the ticket!
The Euro Cuisine WM520’s cooking performance is mediocre. It’s not excellent, but not terrible, either.
In the end, it mostly depends on whether you’d be happier with Belgian waffles (Presto Flipside) or Norwegian-style ones (Euro Cuisine WM520).
Pros & Cons
- Unique ‘flip-side’ design
- Far more compact than other flip waffle makers
- Includes a timer with an audible alarm
- The safety rating is high
- Did a passable job in our self-mixed recipe test
- Luxurious design with chrome lid
- Easy to use control panel with clicky, responsive browning level dial
- Eco-friendly PTFE and PFOA-free ceramic coating on the plates
- Excellent cleanability
- Mediocre cooking performance with a tendency to char the waffle
- Poor build quality
- Certain spots on the waffle maker are difficult to clean
- Loose lid hinges
- The rubber screw protectors can be easily lost
- Many surfaces of the waffle maker became scorching hot after two-three cooking sessions
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.