- Performance (50%)6.7
- Design (20%)8.7
- Ease of Use (30%)9.5
- Performance (50%)6.3
- Design (20%)8.8
- Ease of Use (30%)6.6
Despite being the budget pick in BLACK+DECKER’s portfolio, the WMB500 has decent performance and build quality. The quality of the waffles, however, isn’t going to wow you. Nonetheless, if you’re not too picky and only want a simplistic waffle breakfast, the WMB500 should be more than enough.
As for the Crownful 4-inch mini waffle maker, the most distinguishing feature of this model is its lightweight and compact size. It’s about as big as a softball. As a result, this model is super popular among travelers. The Crownful can easily fit inside a backpack and make fresh waffles on the go.
The quality of the waffles was mediocre, according to our chef. But it’s to be expected from such a cheap and small waffle maker.
Pros & Cons
- Affordable pricing
- Decent cooking performance across both test recipes
- Good-looking stainless steel baking chamber
- The lid can dampen the force of a strong push, preventing the lid from accidentally snapping close to the user’s hand
- The non-stick coating on the waffle plates works very well
- Excellent safety rating
- Beautiful patterning on the lid
- Excellent build quality
- Easy to clean, thanks to the non-stick waffle plates and the smooth plastic outer shell
- Lacks control panel
- The stainless steel baking chamber needs regular cleaning to look its best
- Fairly mediocre performance in our performance tests
- Does not have a control panel
- Low safety rating
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Birch Benders Mix
In The Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.