The Sovarcate HS980E excels in our performance tests, making it the ideal choice if you need maximum measurement accuracy. Its robust build and user-friendly interface add to its appeal, though, as expected, it’ll come at a higher price point than many other IR thermometers out there.
Conversely, the ThermoPro TP-30, while budget-friendly, falls short in accuracy. Its recordings are notably inaccurate when we use it to measure hot objects and surfaces. In return, the ThermoPro TP-30 offers a bright display and multiple measurement modes.
For precision and professional use, the Sovarcate HS980E is the superior choice, whereas the ThermoPro TP-30 serves well for casual kitchen applications where extreme accuracy is less critical.
Pros & Cons
- Fairly accurate and reliable temperature readings.
- Rugged, industrial design
- Extremely bright laser emitter
- Color LCD VA screen panel
- Comes with a good selection of measurement modes
- Very loud speakers
- Relatively affordable
- Bright laser emitter
- The display panel is bright and does a good job of displaying data
- Comes with a variety of measurement modes
- Measurement accuracy can be better.
- Overall measurement accuracy is mediocre
- Handling experience could be better
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Cold Test with Ice
Hot Test with Cooking Oil
In the Box
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.