Specifically, the ThermoPro TP-30 achieves a total performance score of 6.3 out of 10, while the Mecurate IRT600A slightly outperforms it with a score of 6.9 out of 10, thanks to its more accurate readings in the cold test with ice.
However, it's in the areas of design and usability where the Mecurate IRT600A truly stands out compared to the ThermoPro TP-30.
The Mecurate IRT600A boasts solidly built housing made from high-quality materials, resulting in a significantly better design score. In terms of usability, the Mecurate IRT600A excels with its three different measurement modes and a loud sound speaker, surpassing the ThermoPro TP-30 by a wide margin.
Overall, the Mecurate IRT600A represents a substantial upgrade from the ThermoPro TP-30 in all aspects. If you're looking for the best option in this pair, it's clear which one to choose: the Mecurate IRT600A.
Pros & Cons
- Relatively affordable
- Bright laser emitter
- The display panel is bright and does a good job of displaying data
- Comes with a variety of measurement modes
- Solid build quality.
- Has several measurement modes.
- Practical laser emitter with 13-point patterning.
- Easy to handle with a clicky, tactile trigger.
- Bright, colored VA display panel.
- Comes bundled with a meat thermometer
- Overall measurement accuracy is mediocre
- Handling experience could be better
- Unreliable readings. Multiple continuous scans are required before the thermometer “re-calibrates” itself and output more accurate results.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Cold Test with Ice
Hot Test with Cooking Oil
In the Box
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.