While the Kizen LaserPro LP300 is one of our lowest-performing thermometers, the Wintact WT530 is among the best. Our benchmark gives the Kizen a score of 5.2 out of 10 due to its inconsistent readings in the hot test with oil. Meanwhile, the Wintact has an excellent score of 8.0, having excelled in both performance tests.
As such, on account of measurement accuracy alone, we can easily recommend the Wintact, which will provide you with much better readings than the Kizen.
Pros & Cons
- Quite affordable for what it is
- Solid build quality
- Laser emitter is bright and can be easily tracked
- Display panel is decently bright and data points can be easily read in many conditions (under studio lighting, in the dark, etc.)
- Handle is indented and textured for easier gripping
- Loud speaker
- Decently affordable
- Very good measurement accuracy
- Various measurement modes are available
- Lower temperature tolerance than other IR thermometers on the market (±1.5°F)
- Mediocre measurement accuracy
- Doesn’t have many measurement mode
- The backlight can’t be turned off
- The battery compartment has a very loose lid
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Cold Test with Ice
Hot Test with Cooking Oil
In the Box
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.