The Eventek ET312 and Wintact WT530 are excellent infrared thermometers, each with its own features and benefits. However, some key differences between the two models may influence your choice.
When it comes to performance, the Eventek ET312 holds a slight advantage over the Wintact. It achieved a score of 8.2 out of 10 on our performance test, whereas the Wintact scored 8.0. Both scores are commendable, and both models will provide you with reasonably accurate results. However, with the Eventek ET312, you can expect to be even closer to the true temperature of the measured object.
In terms of design, both models share a striking similarity (we suspect they may have the same OEM). However, our reviewer gave the Eventek a slightly higher score, particularly noting its well-built housing.
When it comes to handling, the Wintact takes a slight lead due to its louder sound speaker. Apart from that, there is no significant difference between the two models.
For most people, the Eventek ET312 is the better choice. It offers higher accuracy, a wider range of measurement modes, and a more durable design. However, if you prioritize a more premium design and user experience, the Eventek ET312 remains a solid option.
Pros & Cons
- Great IR sensor that returns accurate readings
- Well-built outer housing and parts
- Bright laser emitter
- Handling experience is decent
- Decent complement of measurement modes for the kitchen
- Loud speakers give off audio cues when the thermometer has finished scanning
- Decently affordable
- Very good measurement accuracy
- Various measurement modes are available
- Lower temperature tolerance than other IR thermometers on the market (±1.5°F)
- The product looks and feels cheap
- The handle isn’t textured, which can make it slippery on wet hands
- The battery compartment has a very loose lid
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Cold Test with Ice
Hot Test with Cooking Oil
In the Box
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.