Both the Kizen LaserPro LP300 and the Smart Sensor AS530 fall into the category of low-performing thermometers in our database. The Kizen LaserPro LP300 receives a total performance score of 5.2, while the Smart Sensor AS530 fares even worse with a failing score of 4.8.
At first glance, the Kizen infrared thermometer has an advantage over the Smart Sensor based on these scores alone.
However, as we delve deeper into the comparison, the Kizen continues to outshine the Smart Sensor in design and usability. It boasts a sturdy, ruggedized housing and a bright LCD screen. Its usability is commendable, featuring a textured grip that ensures comfortable use, even with wet hands.
While the Smart Sensor AS530 performs better in the design and usability aspects than its performance test results, it still falls far behind the Kizen.
Taking all of these factors into consideration, if you must choose between these two options, the Kizen LaserPro LP300 is the recommended choice. However, it's worth noting that given their similarly low performance; there are better models available in our database that can provide more accurate readings.
Pros & Cons
- Quite affordable for what it is
- Solid build quality
- Laser emitter is bright and can be easily tracked
- Display panel is decently bright and data points can be easily read in many conditions (under studio lighting, in the dark, etc.)
- Handle is indented and textured for easier gripping
- Loud speaker
- Well-built and rugged design
- Textured handgrip for easier handling when hands are wet
- Tactile trigger
- Very bright laser emitter
- Mediocre measurement accuracy
- Doesn’t have many measurement mode
- The backlight can’t be turned off
- Bad measurement accuracy
- Doesn’t come with extra measuring modes
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Cold Test with Ice
Hot Test with Cooking Oil
In the Box
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.