There's no reason to choose the Smart Sensor AS530 over the Sovarcate HS960D. The Sovarcate thermometer outperforms the Smart Sensor in all three test categories: performance, design, and usability.
Specifically, the Sovarcate HS960D scored 6.7 out of 10 on our performance test. While it may not be the highest score, it's a significant improvement compared to the Smart Sensor AS530's score of 4.8.
The Smart Sensor AS530 fell short in both design and usability. Although it received a decent score of 8.6 in the design category, it still lags behind the Sovarcate HS960D, which scored an impressive 9.5 out of 10.
Regarding usability, the Smart Sensor earned a mediocre score of 5.85, while the Sovarcate continued to shine with a score of 7.2.
Overall, we highly recommend opting for the Sovarcate HS960D instead. It surpasses the Smart Sensor AS530 in every aspect, making it the superior choice.
Pros & Cons
- Decently accurate and reliable performance
- Rugged and well-built housing
- Bright, single-dot laser emitter
- Brightly-lit colored LCD VA screen panel
- Has a speaker
- Textured handgrip and tactile trigger make the thermometer easy and comfortable to use
- Well-built and rugged design
- Textured handgrip for easier handling when hands are wet
- Tactile trigger
- Very bright laser emitter
- Doesn’t come with many measurement modes
- Bad measurement accuracy
- Doesn’t come with extra measuring modes
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Cold Test with Ice
Hot Test with Cooking Oil
In the Box
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.