- Performance (60%)0
- Design (25%)5.9
- Usability (15%)4.9
- Performance (60%)3.9
- Design (25%)6.6
- Usability (15%)7.0
The Oster My Blend mirrored the performance of many low-powered counterparts. In the protein shake test, it managed to integrate almonds and oatmeal into its mix quite seamlessly, but struggled with dried berries. This resulted in a shake that had a slightly gritty texture. Nevertheless, it was still smoother than that of the OBERLY, even though the latter blender was allowed to blend for a longer duration.
Where frozen ingredients were concerned, Oster also stood out as the preferred choice. The PopBabies, handicapped by its inferior motor and blade design, proved sufficient only for softer, fresh fruits. Both blenders, nonetheless, stumbled with leafy greens and ice cubes, leaving a notable coarse pulp residue behind.
Pros & Cons
- Cordless design provides excellent mobility.
- Quite convenient for small batches of baby food and fresh fruit smoothies.
- It’s very easy to charge the battery.
- It is affordable but better than its competitors at blending frozen fruits.
- The light-duty motor works consistently for basic tasks like making smoothies, protein shakes, whole-food sauces, and more.
- Its usability allows for an enjoyable blending experience.
- There is a built-in, resettable fuse, which will revive the motor in 15 minutes if it overheats.
- The 175-watt motor is too weak to ensure quick, smooth blends.
- In exchange to its cheap price is a relatively flimsy construction.
- For a thorough blending process, it requires cutting the food into tiny particles.
- Some may find it annoying to shake the blender while it is blending.
- The blending jar is somewhat difficult to clean due to its narrow design.
- The small circumference of the jar’s opening makes adding powders and fruits quite messy.
- This blender is not ideal for quick fibrous meals.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Hand Free Operation
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.