- Performance (60%)0
- Design (25%)5.9
- Usability (15%)4.9
- Performance (60%)2.8
- Design (25%)7.5
- Usability (15%)6.9
At a glance, the Magic Bullet might seem to promise a slightly superior blending capacity, but when pitted against the rigors of everyday blending, its edge over the OBERLY becomes surprisingly marginal.
Both blenders are fairly capable of processing fresh fruits, soaked nuts, or cooked veggies. Yet, they falter when dealing with fibrous ingredients, ice, and frozen fruits. Their motors and blades simply aren't cut out for these heavy-duty operations. As such, if high-performance blending is your top priority, neither blender might meet your expectations.
Nevertheless, for those torn between the Magic Bullet and the OBERLY, there's more at play than blending prowess. The OBERLY stands out for its portability, a key feature for those on-the-go, making it an enticing choice for frequent travelers or those with active lifestyles.
Pros & Cons
- Cordless design provides excellent mobility.
- Quite convenient for small batches of baby food and fresh fruit smoothies.
- It’s very easy to charge the battery.
- Easy to use, assemble, and clean.
- Stainless steel extractor blades are pretty solid.
- Three extra blending cups are included.
- The 175-watt motor is too weak to ensure quick, smooth blends.
- In exchange to its cheap price is a relatively flimsy construction.
- For a thorough blending process, it requires cutting the food into tiny particles.
- Some may find it annoying to shake the blender while it is blending.
- It doesn’t allow for hands-free operation.
- It is not suitable for blending frozen fruits or raw nuts.
- Motor base jumps around while operating.
- Build quality is not good.
- Its performance is inconsistent.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Hand Free Operation
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.