- Performance (60%)9.4
- Design (25%)9.6
- Usability (15%)9.7
- Performance (60%)3.9
- Design (25%)6.6
- Usability (15%)7.0
Both the Ninja BN401 and Oster My Blender personal blenders boast a sporty design that exudes a uniquely attractive aesthetic appeal.
However, in terms of performance, the Oster's lower-powered motor couldn't match up to the Ninja BN401, especially in making protein shakes, crushed ice, extracting greens, and frozen fruit smoothies. The Ninja BN401, with its cutting-edge features and powerful motor, easily pulverizes all ingredients with effortless ease, resulting in consistently smooth and delicious blends every time.
If money is no object, the Ninja BN401 is the clear choice for anyone seeking the ultimate blending experience. Otherwise, the Oster My Blend can still be a useful tool for those looking to incorporate more nutrients into their diet by processing softer, plant-based foods.
Pros & Cons
- This blender is an all-arounder that works without a fuss.
- Nearly all of its capability is outstanding—it’s very well equipped to crush ice and make smoothies.
- The 1000-watt motor provides heavy-duty blending performance.
- Smart preset programs are designed to deliver excellent consistency.
- There are solid design details throughout the blender.
- It is affordable but better than its competitors at blending frozen fruits.
- The light-duty motor works consistently for basic tasks like making smoothies, protein shakes, whole-food sauces, and more.
- Its usability allows for an enjoyable blending experience.
- There is a built-in, resettable fuse, which will revive the motor in 15 minutes if it overheats.
- The motor base is roughly the same size as a standard full-sized blender.
- It’s relatively noisy.
- The blending jar is somewhat difficult to clean due to its narrow design.
- The small circumference of the jar’s opening makes adding powders and fruits quite messy.
- This blender is not ideal for quick fibrous meals.
Where to Buy?
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
In The Box
Speed And Controls
Hand Free Operation
Was this page helpful?
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.