Structurally, the Oster aligns with the La Reveuse in terms of price-to-quality ratio, featuring materials of standard quality. However, this blender may draw more attention with its vivid color palette and sportier design.
Setting aesthetics and construction aside, the Oster's performance doesn't quite meet our standards. Not to mention that some of its operational limitations were hard to overlook.
Powered by a 250-watt motor, the blender can process soft, plant-based ingredients with competence comparable to that of the La Reveuse. However, when tested for protein shakes and frozen fruit smoothies, the Oster exhibited only moderate capabilities. We had hoped that it might have a secret edge over the La Reveuse in extracting nutrients from leafy greens, but such tasks proved to be out of its league as well.
Pros & Cons
- Extra blending cup and twist-on travel lid make this blender perfect for those who are always on the go.
- It boasts a consistent and dependable performance.
- The motor doesn’t struggle much to handle frozen fruits.
- User-friendly design allows for easy control and operation.
- It is affordable but better than its competitors at blending frozen fruits.
- The light-duty motor works consistently for basic tasks like making smoothies, protein shakes, whole-food sauces, and more.
- Its usability allows for an enjoyable blending experience.
- There is a built-in, resettable fuse, which will revive the motor in 15 minutes if it overheats.
- The narrow design makes the blending cup tricky to clean.
- The blending cup's small opening makes it quite messy to add food, especially powders.
- The blending jar is somewhat difficult to clean due to its narrow design.
- The small circumference of the jar’s opening makes adding powders and fruits quite messy.
- This blender is not ideal for quick fibrous meals.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Crushed Ice Cubes
In the Box
Speed and Controls
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.