The BLACK+DECKER WMB500 is the entry-level model in BLACK+DECKER’s portfolio. By its basic design it is clear that it will be an affordable choice but its performance was considered mediocre by our chef. Nevertheless, for the price, it makes for a pretty good purchase.
On the other hand, the Euro Cuisine WM520 is a mid-range waffle maker. Its design is slightly better looking than the BLACK+DECKER WMB500. But most notably, the waffle plates are imprinted with a heart-shaped patterning.
Heart-shaped waffles are perfect for festive parties like Christmas and Thanksgiving. But they can also make your daily breakfasts more fun and interesting.
Pros & Cons
- Affordable pricing
- Decent cooking performance across both test recipes
- Good-looking stainless steel baking chamber
- The lid can dampen the force of a strong push, preventing the lid from accidentally snapping close to the user’s hand
- The non-stick coating on the waffle plates works very well
- Excellent safety rating
- Did a passable job in our self-mixed recipe test
- Luxurious design with chrome lid
- Easy to use control panel with clicky, responsive browning level dial
- Eco-friendly PTFE and PFOA-free ceramic coating on the plates
- Excellent cleanability
- Lacks control panel
- The stainless steel baking chamber needs regular cleaning to look its best
- Loose lid hinges
- The rubber screw protectors can be easily lost
- Many surfaces of the waffle maker became scorching hot after two-three cooking sessions
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Birch Benders Mix
In the Box
Indicator Light Visibility
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Tuyet Pham is an award-winning Saigonese chef passionate about delicious and healthful foods. At HealthyKitchen101, she develops recipes and collaborates with our Research, Testing, and Review lab to evaluate the performance of cooking appliances. Her assessments add a strong authoritative voice to our product scoring process.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.