The FoodSaver VS-0160, though priced as a mid-range food vacuum sealer, is an entry-level model within the FoodSaver lineup. It offers basic functionality without extra features like a built-in cutter or bag hooks. However, it excelled in performance tests, boasting high suction power. Its appealing design adds to its charm, making it a recommended choice.
On the other hand, the budget-friendly GERYON E2900-MS has a cheap plastic design but stands out with a removable top piece for easier cleaning. Unfortunately, it scored poorly in our performance tests, receiving a 5.2 out of 10, compared to the FoodSaver's impressive 8.1 out of 10.
All in all, the FoodSaver VS-0160 will give you far more value for the money than the GERYON.
Pros & Cons
- Affordable for what it can do
- Excellent vacuum sealing performance
- Beautifully designed and well-built
- The lid actuates smoothly and has a storage lock
- Relatively quiet
- Fairly affordable
- Decent build quality, with simple-to-use and responsive control panel
- The lid is detachable for easier cleaning
- Has a good safety rating
- Relatively smooth using experience
- Safety could be improved with stickers that warn new users about the heat bar.
- No extra feature.
- The lid lock is difficult to operate one-handed
- Loud (85.5 dBA)
- Dim indicator lights
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Dry Food Test
Moist Food Test
In the Box
Ease of Use
Safety & Noise
Indicator Lights and Chime
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.