Although the ThermoPro TP-30 didn't perform exceptionally well in our performance test, receiving a total score of 6.3 out of 10, it still outshone the Smart Sensor AS530, which earned a failing score of 4.8 out of 10.
Measurement accuracy aside, the thing that sets the ThermoPro TP-30 apart is its numerous measurement modes. This makes it useful beyond the kitchen, whereas the Smart Sensor AS530’s lack of any measurement modes can make it a bit troublesome to use. Taking these factors into consideration, recommending the ThermoPro TP-30 as a thermometer of choice becomes quite straightforward, and we haven't even touched upon its design aspects!
Pros & Cons
- Relatively affordable
- Bright laser emitter
- The display panel is bright and does a good job of displaying data
- Comes with a variety of measurement modes
- Well-built and rugged design
- Textured handgrip for easier handling when hands are wet
- Tactile trigger
- Very bright laser emitter
- Overall measurement accuracy is mediocre
- Handling experience could be better
- Bad measurement accuracy
- Doesn’t come with extra measuring modes
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Cold Test with Ice
Hot Test with Cooking Oil
In the Box
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.