Between the Klein Tools IR1 and the Lasergrip GM400 is a performance rift so large it doesn’t take us long to make a recommendation in favor of the Klein Tools IR1 at all. Our benchmark gives the Klein Tools IR1 a total score of 7.9 out of 10. Meanwhile, the Lasergrip GM400 only receives 5.3, having failed the cold test with ice.
As such, without considering other factors such as design and usability, you’re better off with the Klein Tools IR1.
Pros & Cons
- Rugged, industrial-grade design
- Quality IR sensor provides decently accurate readings
- Bright laser emitter
- Bright backlit LCD display panel
- Passable measurement performance in the hot test with cooking oil
- One of the lightest IR thermometers in our database
- Doesn’t come with any extra measurement mode
- The measurement unit switch and battery are hidden behind a screwed-in door
- Poor measurement accuracy in the cold test with ice
- Lackluster build quality
- Dim laser emitter
- Lack of extra measurement modes
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Cold Test with Ice
Hot Test with Cooking Oil
In the Box
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.