It doesn't take long for us to make a recommendation The Helect infrared thermometer stands out as one of the top performers in our current database, receiving an impressive total performance score of 8.0 out of 10. On the other hand, the Kizen LaserPro LP300 falls behind with a score of 5.2, primarily due to its inconsistent performance in the hot test involving oil.
While the Helect may not excel in terms of design or usability compared to the Kizen LaserPro LP300, it outshines its accuracy. Since accuracy is the most crucial aspect of a thermometer, the Helect becomes a clear and easy recommendation.
Choose the Helect for reliable and precise readings to meet your temperature measurement needs.
Pros & Cons
- Quite affordable for what it is
- Solid build quality
- Laser emitter is bright and can be easily tracked
- Display panel is decently bright and data points can be easily read in many conditions (under studio lighting, in the dark, etc.)
- Handle is indented and textured for easier gripping
- Loud speaker
- Accurate IR sensor that produces very good readings
- Decent build quality
- Bright, single-dot laser emitter
- Loud speakers
- Mediocre measurement accuracy
- Doesn’t have many measurement mode
- The backlight can’t be turned off
- The thermometer itself feels quite cheap
- Lacks many measurement modes
- The display panel is dim
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Cold Test with Ice
Hot Test with Cooking Oil
In the Box
Behind the Comparison
Matthew Lee is a writer and editor for HealthyKitchen101. With over 8 years working for various outlets and agencies, specializing in tech review and other subjects of note, such as current affairs.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.