When comparing the La Reveuse and the OBERLY blenders, the power source stands out as the primary distinguishing factor. La Reveuse is a corded model, while the OBERLY is battery-powered. This makes the latter more suitable for on-the-go blending activities like camping or traveling.
Performance-wise, although the OBERLY may excel at pureeing simple mixtures such as baby food and fresh fruit smoothies, it often struggles with tougher ingredients, including frozen fruits, oatmeal, and leafy vegetables—a realm where the La Reveuse appears to be more capable of. Not to mention that, with the OBERLY, chopping ingredients into smaller chunks is crucial for achieving a smooth, consistent blend.
In the end, the choice between the La Reveuse and OBERLY will hinge on individual preferences. For those valuing portability and convenience, OBERLY is a more fitting choice. However, if consistent blending power and versatility are paramount, La Reveuse may be the preferred option.
Pros & Cons
- Extra blending cup and twist-on travel lid make this blender perfect for those who are always on the go.
- It boasts a consistent and dependable performance.
- The motor doesn’t struggle much to handle frozen fruits.
- User-friendly design allows for easy control and operation.
- Cordless design provides excellent mobility.
- Quite convenient for small batches of baby food and fresh fruit smoothies.
- It’s very easy to charge the battery.
- The narrow design makes the blending cup tricky to clean.
- The blending cup's small opening makes it quite messy to add food, especially powders.
- The 175-watt motor is too weak to ensure quick, smooth blends.
- In exchange to its cheap price is a relatively flimsy construction.
- For a thorough blending process, it requires cutting the food into tiny particles.
- Some may find it annoying to shake the blender while it is blending.
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Crushed Ice Cubes
In the Box
Speed and Controls
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.