Hey friends! As you know, quinoa has numerous health benefits for everyone so people love to cook it in a whole variety of ways, ranging from being boiled to being fried. Last time I shared with you a recipe for cooking quinoa with the most simple steps, I truly believe you are going to fall in love with this one!
Now, let’s try to swap out traditional rice for quinoa in this Quinoa Fried “Rice” recipe! It is extremely yummy. It only takes 20 minutes to cook which is a smart and suitable choice for those who are really busy and do not have much time for preparing complicated meals…or simply don’t want to prepare complicated meals!
I am so glad I was inspired to use quinoa instead of rice to make fried rice. To be honest, I adore it, and am actually super picky about fried rice (I cannot even count how many terrible take-out versions I have had over the years). This version, I can confidently say without hesitation, is every bit as delicious as cooked quinoa. I promise!
The wonderful thing when making this cuisine is that you can totally adjust or customize it depending on your taste. Somebody may be confused whether or not you can add chicken, beef, or shrimp to this dish – Do it if that’s what you fancy! I tend to stick with a classic combination of onion, garlic, scrambled egg, peas, and carrots; but occasionally, I like to mix in some crispy water chestnuts, and snow peas. It helps me to not spoil my appreciation of this dish by eating the same kind of food.
Now, I guess it is about time we start eating, isn’t it? Splendid! Grab a bowl and let’s dig in!
Quinoa Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs whisked
- 5.6 oz carrot 2 medium, peeled and diced
- 4 oz onion 1 small, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen pea
- 4 1/2 tsp garlic 3 cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper optional
- 4 cup cooked quinoa instruction: How to cook Quinoa
- 1/4 cup green onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp lite soy sauce or more to taste
- 2 tsp vegetarian oyster sauce optional
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- In a pan over medium heat, add ½ tsp olive oil. Add the eggs and scramble slightly with a pinch of salt and pepper (optional), until barely cooked. Remove from a pan and put it into a bowl. Set aside.
- Pour ½ tsp olive oil in medium heat. Add onion, carrots, peas, and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onion, peas, and carrots are soft. Then, add the cooked quinoa (how to cook Quinoa), green onions, soy sauce, and oyster sauce and stir-fry until incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and stir to combine. Finally, add the sesame oil, and remove from heat.
- Store the cooked quinoa in the fridge in 30-45 minutes or overnight. It will be mushy and the individual particles of quinoa do not separate as the same way they do in the traditional version of fried rice.
- Boil carrots and peas before stir-frying them. According to this method, you can preserve nutrients and vitamin completely.
- Use any kinds of vegetables, such as salad, green beans, broccoli, even mushroom to make this cuisine particularly appetizing.
See! It is so yummy…