Hey friends, as you know, quinoa brings numerous benefits to everyone so people love to cook it in various ways, ranging from being boiled to being fried. Last time I shared with you the recipe of cooking quinoa with the most simplest steps, I truly believe that you are definitely falling in love with it!
Now, let’s try to swap out traditional rice for quinoa in Quinoa Fried “Rice” recipe! It is extremely yummy. It just takes only 20 minutes to cook which is a smart and suitable choice for those who are really busy and do not have much time for preparing complicated meals.
I suppose I have had this brilliant one-of-a-kind idea when using quinoa instead of rice to make fried rice. To be honest, I adore it, and am actually super picky about fried rice (oops, I cannot even count how many terrible take-out versions I have ever had). This version, I can confidently say without hesitation, is every bit as delicious as the original quinoa dish. I promise!
The wonderful thing when making this cuisine is you can totally adjust or customize it depending on your taste. Somebody may be confused whether we can add chicken, beef, or shrimp to this dish? Do it if you’d like. Actually, I tend to stick with a classic combination of onion, garlic, scrambled egg, peas, and carrots; but occasionally, mixing some crispy water chestnuts, and snow peas helps me not to spoil my appetite by eating the same kind of food.
Now, I guess it is about time we start eating, isn’t it? Splendid. Grab a bowl and let’s dig in.
Quinoa Fried Rice Recipe
Honestly, one of the most terrific dishes satisfying my taste properly is fried rice, especially Quinoa Fried “Rice”. I always choose to cook this kind of cuisine when being fed up with steamed rice. Combined with eggs, onion, garlic, peas, corn, and quinoa, Quinoa Fried “Rice” is becoming one of the healthiest meal or delicious side dish.
- 1 tsp olive oil.
- 2 eggs, whisked.
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced.
- 1 small white onion, diced.
- 1/2 cup frozen peas.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- salt and pepper (optional).
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (how to cook Quinoa).
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced.
- 3-4 tbsp soy sauce, or more to taste.
- 2 tsp oyster sauce (optional).
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil.
How to Make
- In a pan over medium heat, add ½ tsp olive oil. Add the eggs and scramble slightly with a pinch of salt and pepper (optional), until barely cooked. Remove from a pan and put it into a bowl. Set aside.
- Pour ½ tsp olive oil in medium heat. Add onion, carrots, peas, and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onion, peas, and carrots are soft. Then, add the cooked quinoa (how to cook Quinoa), green onions, soy sauce, and oyster sauce and stir-fry until incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and stir to combine. Finally, add the sesame oil, and remove from heat.
- Store the cooked quinoa in the fridge in 30-45 minutes or overnight. It will be mushy and the individual particles of quinoa do not separate as the same way they do in the traditional version of fried rice.
- Boil carrots and peas before stir-frying them. According to this method, you can preserve nutrients and vitamin completely.
- Use any kinds of vegetables, such as salad, green beans, broccoli, even mushroom to make this cuisine particularly appetizing.
Serving Size 4
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3.4 g
Saturated Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 82 mg
Sodium 67 mg
Total Carbohydrates 8.4 g
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 4.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
See! It is so yummy…
Frequently Asked Questions
Actually, we can cook quinoa in diverse ways, depending on your flavour. In fact, people prefer cooking quinoa into traditional dishes. However, some want to vary their daily menu, so they stir fry quinoa with any kinds of ingredients, such as salad, green beans, broccoli, mushroom, even eggs, onion, garlic, peas, corn, to make this cuisine particularly appetizing. And Quinoa Fried “Rice” is highly recommendation for those who love to customize their appetize regularly.
Quinoa contains iron, vitamin B12, animo acids, low calories and low glycemic index which are useful and vital elements to help you to lose weight sufficiently.
– Store the cooked quinoa in the fridge in 30-45 minutes or overnight.
– Boil carrots and peas before stir-frying them in order to preserve nutrients and vitamin completely.
Yes. You can totally mix two ingredients. For instance, Brown Rice Quinoa blend becomes a good companion when cooking with beef or pork, even vegetables. Highly important, Brown Rice Quinoa Blend is considered as low fat, low sugar, dairy free, and gluten free cuisine. Indeed, this healthy food can help you to absorb a great bunch of daily vitamins and protein as well!
For one serving, he can take 242 calories and the calories from fat is just only 82. Among the nutrients, vitamin A accounts for 91%, follow by Sodium and Dietary Fibre comprise of 29% and 22%, respectively.
It takes only 15-20 minutes to cook Quinoa Fried “Rice”, a combination of eggs, onion, garlic, peas, corn, and quinoa. And then, with the simplest procedure, you can enjoy the tasty side dish in the shortest time.