Hola! Luna’s Pineapple banana detox smoothie recipe has arrived. This lovely treat is bound to win the sweet-tooth hearts over, and is never down to expand your waistline.
Aren’t you excited by the title? I’m giddy for it already.
Is pineapple good for you?
Containing a wide range of vitamins (especially C with 105%), enzymes, antioxidants and manganese (up to 65%), pineapple surely comes with great health benefits.
This tropical fruit is super gifted at boosting the immune system, reducing inflammation, and aiding digestion. With the help of fiber, it’s also well known for its ability to moderate the blood sugar level and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time, healthily.
Despite the 10% of carbohydrates contained within one, pineapple is low in calories, which makes it a perfect substitute for fast foods and chips. Eating pineapple, on the whole, provides you higher satiety afterwards, hence, keeping you full longer.
How do you make a pineapple banana smoothie?
Smoothie is a universal thing. When work isn’t happening, the air is pure and the sun’s a bit brighter today, for absolutely no reason, we suddenly feel like hanging around in the kitchen. Smoothie’s been there, since day one. Since people found out that throwing things together and blending them up can chase their blues away.
That being said, now, it’s your turn. To proceed, you simply add the pineapple, apple, banana, kale, and water together and give them a good blend. All done! You can also add in ice to maintain the desired coolness afterwards.
And here’s a side note: the combination of pineapple and banana already makes it intensely, naturally sweet. So don’t worry about the kale’s bitterness overpowering it all, and don’t you even dare crank the sweetness up with extra sugar, too. For the love of God, you wouldn’t want your smoothie to be an over-sweetened dud.
If you’re still so down for a sweet treat but wouldn’t risk your diet for it, then simply choose the ripe, real, sweet pineapple and banana. Case closed. ( ´∀｀)b
- Extra chunks of fresh fruit: should better be frozen to the point that they have a slushy mouthfeel. Oh dear, you won’t believe it until you actually take one bite. They simply melt in your mouth! The chill is just priceless.
- Thickeners: I would recommend the same thing as above. Still, I understand that not everyone is able to spare the time to chop fruits then wrap them up, put to freeze, then set a timer to take them out. In that case, yogurt, chia seeds or oatmeal will be much more accessible.
- Milk: I, myself, usually prefer to leave milk out of anything kale, most of the time. I don’t even know if there’s any scenario where these two work well together in taste; plus, milk adds more calories. But still, as we know, cooking is an adventure. I will surely whisk this pineapple banana detox smoothie together with milk some time, maybe with almond milk rather than the dairy kind, since it’s my favorite ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Thickness and smoothness
First of all, you should determine how thick you want your smoothie to be. This really varies in person. Some take their smoothie as a slowly drinkable ice cream, hence, a thick, ice-like texture is favorable. Some others prefer a gulpable drink.
Whatever it is, please make sure that everything that goes into the blender will come out as an homogeneous mixture without any uneven texture. It isn’t called smoothie for nothing, guys. Smooth. At least, there shouldn’t be weird chunks and lumps to appear between your slurping, right?
If there’s a high-speed blender within your household, you’ll be even more likely to make it to the desirable smoothness. No more brain-racking to avoid a chunky texture in your smoothie. In case you’re stuck with a low-powered blender, adding a little more liquid than usual is required to help things be processed more easily.
Pineapple Banana Detox Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup water
- Blend the kale with water until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the blender: pineapple, banana, and apple. Blend them on high speed again, until completely smooth.
- Pour into glasses, add extra ice cubes if desired, and serve immediately.