How To Make Egg Drop Soup
With a small soup pot and minimal ingredients, this egg drop soup recipe can be whipped up in 20 minutes. The key to making the soup more flavorful is to bring the soup to a boil and add a teaspoon of both sesame oil and soy sauce. The result is a glorious comforting soup with a silky texture and tasty egg bites.
Servings: 4 servings
- 10 oz raw shrimp
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp less sodium soy sauce
- 1 oz shiitake mushroom sliced
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 oz corn
- 2 oz carrot chopped
- 1 oz peas
- 2 eggs
Shell and devein shrimp.
Heat olive oil in a soup pot. Stir-fry carrot, corn, peas, and mushrooms over medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
Add in chicken broth, shrimp, and salt. Cook over high heat and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to simmer.
Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Whisk until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Swirl into the soup and mix well with a spatula.
To add eggs, drizzle the beaten egg mixture slowly into the soup while stirring with a whisk.
Drizzle in sesame oil and soy sauce. Turn off the heat.
Garnish with ground pepper and cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
- This soup can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before serving. Simply cook up the shrimp and vegetables and refrigerate.
- When you are ready to make the soup, add these to the chicken broth and seasoning, bring to a boil and garnish.
- Make sure that the cornstarch and water are mixed well, as the cornstarch settles quickly in the hot soup. You can use more or less starch if you want a thicker or thinner soup.
- This soup can be enjoyed in warm or cool weather. It’s best to serve the soup hot after cooking.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 196mg | Sodium: 317mg | Potassium: 352mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2560IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg