Caesar Salad Recipe
If you love salads, this Caesar salad recipe will be amongst your favorites.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 oz skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp traditional Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz romaine lettuce roughly chopped
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes
- 0.5 oz cured bacon baked
- 3.5 oz eggs 2 medium, hard-boiled, peeled, and quartered
- 0.9 oz white bread toasted, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 0.35 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Heat a pot of water over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add chicken to the pot. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot. Allow to cool before cutting the chicken into 1/2-inch slices (or thinner if you prefer). Transfer to a plate and set aside.
In a small bowl, add Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and whisk well to combine. Gradually add olive oil a bit at a time while whisking to emulsify the sauce. Set aside.
Arrange the serving platter: put Romaine lettuce at the bottom of a large plate. Put the sliced chicken, cherry tomatoes, eggs, bacon, and bread cubes on top. Whisk the dressing a couple of times again before adding to the salad. Try to avoid pouring the dressing over the croutons to keep them nice and crispy. Toss the salad thoroughly. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper on top to garnish and serve.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 331mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5224IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg