Beetroot and Feta Cheese Salad Recipe
If you are looking for a fresh and light side dish that could pair with different types of protein, this beetroot salad with feta cheese salad is the one for you. All you need to do is boil some beetroot, make the dressing, and arrange the salad. It couldn't get any easier!
Servings: 4 servings
- 10.5 oz baby beetroot peeled
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2.6 oz baby arugula
- 9.8 oz oranges 2 medium, peeled and separated into wedges (we recommend a sweet variety such as Navel)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley optional
Put beetroot in a pot. Fill the pot with water until the beets are submerged. Turn the heat on high and bring the pot to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes or until they are tender.
Drain and allow the beetroot to cool for at least 15 minutes.
Cut the beetroot into thin wedges and set aside.
In a clean bowl, whisk salt, black pepper, and olive oil to make the dressing.
Put oranges, beetroot, chopped walnuts, and feta cheese in a big bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
Arrange a bed of arugula on a serving plate and put the mixed veggies on top. Sprinkle with chopped parsley to garnish and serve.
- We cut the beetroot into thin wedges but you can cut it thicker or slice it as you desire.
- We recommend personalizing the recipe to your liking. For example, you can:
- Sprinkle some grated orange zest to garnish. The zest will give the dish a fresh, citrusy flavor.
- Add orange juice to the dressing. The tangy dressing should give the dish more depth of flavor.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 500mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 742IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 1mg