Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe
Admittedly, roll dishes are not usually my strong suit. I did, however, round this Chicken Cordon Bleu out in a jiffy, which means you can totally do the same, too. Go on and hit that right note!
Servings: 4 servings
- 12 oz skinless boneless chicken breast 4 halves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup olive oil (*)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (*)
- 2 medium eggs (*)
- 4 oz baguette bread crumbed (*)
- 3 oz ham
- 3 oz Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp dill chopped
Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Pound them thin to 1/4 inch thick.
Season chicken breast cutlets with salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder on both sides, rub them evenly. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Make the rolls: Place each chicken cutlet on a cling film, put successively 2 slices of Swiss cheese and 2 slices of ham on top of the cutlet, roll them up together. Wrap the chicken roll in the plastic wrap tightly, twist the excess plastic on the two sides and tie them together. Repeat with the remaining. Chill the rolls in the fridge for 5 minutes.
Prepare 3 large plates with flour, beaten eggs, and bread crumbs. Dredge the chicken rolls successively in flour, in beaten eggs, and in bread crumbs. Chill in the fridge again for 10 minutes.
On a cast-iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, wait until the oil is sizzling. Transfer the chicken rolls in and turn down to medium heat.
Fry the chicken rolls for 8 minutes, turn whenever one side is golden brown.
Sprinkle chopped dill on top. Serve while still hot.
- (*) Only part of these ingredients will end up in the final product and we have calculated nutritional values based on that amount. The whole amount is needed for the coating and cooking process, but what actually ends up being consumed are 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/6 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 medium egg, and 3 1/2 ounces of breadcrumbs.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 135mg | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 389mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 146IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 205mg | Iron: 1mg