Overnight Oats Recipe
No time for cooking? No time for breakfast? No worries. Overnight oats is here to the rescue and it is no hassle at all. You can now save time and stay in bed a little longer in the morning. No more hangry mornings!
Prep Time5 mins
Inactive Time5 hrs
Total Time5 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 1 serving
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2.25 oz banana half a banana, mashed
In a jar or an airtight container, combine all of the ingredients and stir them around so that everything is mixed in. Put the lid on and refrigerate overnight or at least 4-5 hours.
To serve, add more milk if you prefer. Add toasted chopped nuts, peanut butter, fruits, or anything your heart desires.
- You can make a big batch to eat them throughout the weekday. Just leave out the banana and they can last up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Don’t add toppings to your oats from the night before. If you add fruits and nuts along with the milk, they won’t be fresh and crunchy by morning. So add them only in the morning.
- Feel free to use any type of milk you like, or opt out the yogurt. There is no real recipe here, just have fun with it.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 1.5mg