Chicken And Rice Soup Recipe
Chicken and rice soup is also a bright and warm treat for those who are battling colds or sniffles (as many of us are in the winter months!) Just make a stockpile of it, fridge store and then warm it back up when it’s time for a meal. You’ll feel renewed in no time.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 oz onion chopped
- 12 oz carrot chopped
- 4 oz celery stalk chopped
- 1 cup uncooked medium-grain rice
- 12 oz skinless boneless chicken thigh
- 1 tsp parsley minced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme divided
- 1 tsp black pepper divided
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 10 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
In a soup pot, cook chicken thighs in oil on medium heat, for 5 minutes. Season the chicken with half the amount of salt, black pepper and dried thyme.
Take the chicken out. Add butter, carrots, and onion into the same pot and cook for 4 minutes. Then add the rice, celery, and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add chicken broth, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the cooked chicken and the remaining salt and thyme. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Use an immersion blender and blend for 5 seconds. Don’t overblend. It helps to thicken the soup and naturally turns the soup colorful.
Add cream and mix well. Sprinkle parsley and pepper on top to decorate.
- You can bring leftover chicken to this soup or cook a whole new batch of chicken, all up to you. But cooking the chicken may take about 10 minutes or so (which hasn't been included in the cooking time mentioned above), so consider this to your time limit, and better not let your table await their meal.
- Chicken broth is available both regular and low-sodium, so please be noted when taking a tour through grocery stores. Also, my recipes have always been with Kosher salt, which has much less saltiness in comparison to common sea salt. So the bottom line is, no matter what kind of broth you're going for, please keep an eye on the amount of salt when seasoning and be careful not to over-salt your soup.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 560mg | Potassium: 862mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 14341IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 2mg