Chicken And Rice Soup Recipe
Chicken and rice soup is also a bright and cool treat for those who are battling ailing colds or sniffles. Just make piles of it, fridge store and then warm it back again each meal. You’ll feel renewed in a matter of minutes.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 10 oz shredded cooked chicken 1.5 medium breasts, can consider rotisserie chicken or turkey if desired
- 4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 tsp garlic 2 cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp scallion 2 medium stalks, chopped
- 5.3 oz yellow onion 1 medium, chopped
- 5.6 oz carrot 2 medium, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme 4 sprigs
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary 2 sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
Spices and others:
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Heat a stock pot over medium heat, pour in the olive oil and garlic, stir.
Add to the pot successively: scallion, yellow onion and carrot. Stir them for 2 minutes to soften a bit.
Continue to add thyme, rosemary and bay leaf to the pot. Stir them up for 5 minutes.
Pour the chicken broth and the shredded chicken breast to the pot, season with salt. Stir a bit, then add in brown rice, finish it up with a pinch of black pepper.
Cook on medium-low heat for half an hour, stir occasionally.
Remove from heat and bring the soup to serve while it's still piping hot.
- You can bring leftover chicken to this soup or cook a whole new batch of chicken, all up to you. But cooking the chicken may take about 10 minutes or so (which hasn't been included in the cooking time mentioned above), so consider this to your time limit, and better not let your table await their meal.
- Chicken broth is available both regular and low-sodium, so please be noted when taking a tour through grocery stores. Also, my recipes have always been with Kosher salt, which has much less saltiness in comparison to common sea salt. So the bottom line is, no matter what kind of broth you're going for, please keep an eye on the amount of salt when seasoning and be careful not to over-salt your soup.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 228mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6719IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg