Healthy and crunchy, vegan and deliciously creamy, falafel is a perfect snack that makes parties or reunions warm and intimate. Make some and the bowl should be empty in seconds.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Inactive Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 oz dry chickpeas pre-soaked
- 1.4 oz onion
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/16 tsp cayenne
- 5 cup canola oil
- 3 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
Wash the soaked chickpeas.
Put everything into a food processor and blend until everything is well-combined.
Cover the mixture with cling film and refrigerate for about 30 min.
Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts. Use your hands to form 8 balls.
Chill the falafel balls in the freezer for about 30 min.
Deep-fry the balls in low heat for about 5 min, or until they are golden brown.
- We use 5 cups of canola oil, but only 2 tbsp of it is steeped into the falafel balls.
- Don’t crowd the deep-fryer/ pan, or they’ll bump into each other and have higher chance of falling apart.
- The dish is best served with some crunchy vegetables, dipping sauce, and pitas.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 348IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg