French Toast Recipe
Though an “egg dish” it is, French toast does not lean as much on eggs as milk and cream/butter. But of course, how a French toast without some whipped egg yolks can be a French toast - I mean, that’s just a bit of a no brainer thing...
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 slices challah brioche or white bread
- 1/2 cup strawberry syrup warmed
Melt butter over medium heat, set aside.
Combine all the cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, beaten eggs, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter in a bowl or pie plate. Whisk well to have an egg-milk dipping mixture.
Dunk each bread slice in the mixture. And remember it's dunk, not soak. Make it just as absorbent as needed, no more, no less.
Fry the slices until golden brown, flip both sides for each.
Serve with strawberry syrup and/or fresh strawberry.
- Any berry will do it fantastically as toppings, feel free to try some.
- Additionally, scattering your toast with sugar will assist pretty much on its crispiness (if desired).
- Going for some carrot apple juice should be a cool way to shake things up a bit too.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 180mg | Sodium: 326mg | Potassium: 150mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 3mg