Good day foodie goodies! It’s Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe we’ll be trying out today at Healthy Kitchen 101.
What to be stuffed with the stuff?
First, its name may suggest a much more boring dish than it actually is. There are more than just bland meat and spinach: the taste will be punched up to exoticity with 2 types of cheese, plus mayonnaise, garlic, paprika, and a couple other ingredients.
So there’s the tenderness of chicken, the nuttiness of cheese, and the sweet taste of assurance from spinach (as in, the this-is-so-damn-good-and-I’m-eating-veggies type of assurance).
Thanks to the rich stuffing, these chicken breasts are extremely high in nutrients and yes, calories. Each single stuffed breast has more than 400 calories in it, and yet it’s a low-carb food, containing only 1.3 grams of carbs (lower than 1% of your daily need if you’re on a 2000 calorie diet).
Obviously, most of the energy comes from protein and fat. At 57g protein per serving, I can eat one of these breasts plus a hard boiled egg and get enough protein for an active day.
Is Chicken good for Keto diet?
All types of unprocessed meat, including poultry, is save for Keto diet, and of course without huge amounts. This is simple. Chicken meat is protein-rich, while Keto mostly asks for high-fat foods, so it is necessary to be careful on your chicken portion since excess absorption of protein based on Keto standard may lead to more glucose being converted, which is not at all beneficial for your weight losing plan.
Fat content is high too, with all the cheeses, providing up to 30% of your daily need. So in a nutshell, Keto dieters are safe with one chicken breast stuffed with spinach, as it goes with grated Parmesan and lots of leafy greens – all healthy and natural fat source. High fat diets are on the trend, but whether this is a good thing or not is all up to you to decide. Me, I love cheese mucho.
Quick, hot, gourmetty
Nutrients aside, these breasts can be quite a tasty treat, as does anything with chicken and cheese in them. Served smoking hot out of the oven and served in thin slices, they give off an aroma that promises a high-end gourmet experience.
So if you’ve been having enough of spicy Asian-acclimatized staples like Kung Pao Chicken or even an earthy and low heat curry like Chicken Korma, why not giving this recipe a chance? Easy to make, yet hearty and fulfilling, the spinach stuffed chicken breasts deserve a place in your list of foods to serve when there are guests over, or at a special family party.
How long should you bake Stuffed Chicken Breast?
The stuffed breasts take about 20 minutes to become well cooked in a preheated oven. Increase the time to 25 minutes if you fancy tough chicken meat. You can adjust the timing based on the number of breasts as well as how thick they are.
If you’re worried about the chicken being not as cooked as it looks out of the oven, test it with a thermometer or simply cut it out with a knife for a naked eye inspection.
For more healthy chicken recipes for your weeknight dinners, visit our awesome healthy chicken recipes collection and start pinning your favorites. Happy cooking!
What to Serve with Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
We recommend serving this spinach stuffed chicken breast with mashed potatoes and carrot juice on the side.
Here are the nutrition facts of the whole meal:
|Recipes||Course||Calories (kcal)||Saturated Fat (g)||Sodium (mg)|
|Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast||Main Course||470||11||516|
|Mashed Potatoes||Side Dish||196||4||310|
|Carrot Orange Pineapple Juice||Beverage||89||1||40|
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 12 oz skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 2 oz walnut
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 14 oz crimini mushroom
- 2 oz mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 0.7 oz garlic 5 cloves
- 10 oz asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Season both sides of chicken with ¼ teaspoon of salt, ⅛ teaspoon of pepper, and ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Place spinach in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add ½ teaspoon of olive oil and garlic. Stir-fry until wilted. Press spinach through a sieve to extract all the juice from it.
- Place spinach onto the chicken breast. Then spread cream cheese, mozzarella and walnut to an even thin layer. Roll up chicken from a short side. Use toothpicks to secure the stuffing inside.
- Roll the chicken through a shallow plate of flour.
- Heat a cast-iron pan on medium heat and add olive oil. Sear the chicken with garlic cloves for about 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Then bake chicken in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Stir fry mushroom and asparagus with butter on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Season with the remaining salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.
- Let chicken stand for 5 minutes and discard toothpicks. Serve chicken with vegetables.