If you're someone who values the simplicity and compactness of personal blenders, you may not be too impressed with the Ninja BL480D Nutri. However, compared to the PopBabies, a cordless personal blender that may seem like a convenient option, the Ninja BL480D Nutri outperforms it in several ways, from performance to build quality and usability.
At an upscale price, the Ninja BL480D Nutri is equipped with robust blades and a higher-torque motor. This allows it to effectively blend almonds, oatmeal, frozen fruits, and even whole ice cubes without much effort. In fact, it is among our top-rated personal blender, surpassing most of its rivals in all of our tests.
Meanwhile, the PopBabies struggles to blend anything other than fresh fruits and soft ingredients. In addition to producing subpar protein shakes and frozen fruit smoothies, this blender was also a lackluster performer in blending leafy greens and crushing ice.
Pros & Cons
- The cordless design allows for blending on-the-go.
- It is pretty useful when it comes to making small batches of baby food and fresh fruit smoothies.
- The battery is easy to charge.
- A powerful motor allows for heavy-duty blending
- Stainless steel extractor blades are exceptionally tough
- Hands-free operation offers greater convenience
- Sturdy motor base ensures stable performance
- Blending cups are included with to-go lids
- It’s inadequate for blending tough ingredients like frozen fruits and raw nuts.
- The cup’s small capacity limits the quantity of ingredients.
- Food must be cut into very small pieces before blending.
- The low cost of the blender is reflected in its flimsy construction.
- The cup’s small opening makes it messy to add ingredients.
- The need to shake the blender during operation
- It’s heavy and quite bulky
- The control panel is gimmicky
- The feets’ suction is so strong making it challenging to remove the base
- The premium price tag might be a high barrier for many people
Where to Buy
*You help support HealthyKitchen101's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners.
Analysis and Test Results
Frozen Fruit Smoothie
In the Box
Speed and Controls
Behind the Comparison
Tina Pham is a staff writer and reviewer, with five years of experience in the industry. As a passionate amateur home cook, she loves to discover practical cooking solutions, and has made it her mission to bring her findings to every kitchen. Her ultimate goal is making cooking more of a pleasure for all.
Lap is Head of the Research, Testing, and Review Team (RTR Team) at HealthyKitchen101.com, where he directs and supervises the testing of kitchen gadgets and appliances.
Nguyen Ntk is a graphic designer, photographer, and videographer whose philosophy centers around respecting and celebrating the beauty of reality. Through his lenses, Nguyen strives to capture the true essence of objects and events, showcasing and highlighting authentic features without distortion or exaggeration.