- 1 Wall Ovens Are The Way To Go
- 2 Best Wall Oven Buyer’s Guide
- 3 Product Reviews For The Best Wall Ovens In 2019
- 3.1 All The Electric Wall Oven Reviewed Have These Features:
- 3.2 1. LG 30” Smart Convection Double Wall Oven – Best To Buy In 2019
- 3.3 2. GE 24” Self-cleaning Single Wall Oven – Best Gas Oven In 2019
- 3.4 3. GE 30” Double Electric Wall Oven – Best Smart Convection Hybrid
- 3.5 4. LG 30” Microwave Double Wall Oven – Best Combo Oven
- 3.6 5. GE Cafe 30” Wall Oven – Best High-end Double And Single
- 3.7 6. Frigidaire 30” Double Electric Wall Oven – Best Budget Model
- 3.8 7. GE 27” Electric And Microwave Wall Oven – Best Value Double Combo
- 3.9 8. Bosch 27” 800 Series Wall Oven – Best Single Convection Model
- 3.10 9. Frigidaire 30” Single Electric Wall Oven – Best Budget Single Model
- 3.11 10. Summit 24” Single in Black – Best Budget 24” Model
- 4 Top-rated Wall Ovens Comparison Chart
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 Things To Know About Installing Your New Wall Oven
Have you ever walked into a friend’s kitchen and been totally wowed by their built-in wall oven? You’ve probably thought that investing in the best wall oven for your kitchen— either single or double—is a tough financial choice. After all, a decent standing range can often be half the price, and what about the additional costs of remodeling?
Wall ovens, however, add value in numerous ways, and, although not for everyone, it might be worth considering the upgrade. From top-end to budget models, to smart hybrids and combo wall ovens, you are sure to find something here that suits your needs.
Wall Ovens Are The Way To Go
- Kitchen remodeling adds 3% to 7% to your home’s value—especially with a double wall oven and a kitchen island.
- Around 90% of kitchen remodeling costs can be recouped if you sell your home.
- A wall oven can free up space by separating the oven from the cooktop, so you have a better choice of mixing and matching appliances such as an electric wall oven with a gas cooktop.
- There is less physical strain involved with bending over and reaching into the oven. Older people especially benefit as well as those with medical conditions.
- You can still keep your standing range oven and just add extra cooking capacity with a single wall oven.
Best Wall Oven Buyer’s Guide
Taking every point into consideration is absolutely crucial and our job is to offer the best advice we can. If you are just looking to upgrade your current wall oven, feel free to jump straight down to the reviews.
Brand Excellence And Reliability
Some of the brand names in wall ovens include LG, GE, Bosch, Thermador, Maytag, Frigidaire, KitchenAid, Electrolux, and Whirlpool, among others.
According to a subscriber Consumer Report (CR) covering data from 2008 – 2018, only LG and GE earned top marks for predicted reliability and customer satisfaction. These findings mean that LG and GE have the least chance of needing repair within the first five years. They also have the highest rate of owner recommendation.
Bosch and Thermador were rated only slightly less on consumer satisfaction. Two brands, Maytag and Frigidaire, scored below-average on owner satisfaction, while Maytag scored ‘very good’ for reliability and Frigidaire, ‘good’.
Electric Or Gas?
Roughly just over 50% of US households have the option of connecting to a gas main. Gas might be a little cheaper to run than electricity, but the upfront installation costs are a lot more with piping and safety check requirements. Electric ovens show slightly better performance, especially with broiling, while gas is top when it comes to baking. The selection of gas ovens is, however, very limited and mostly in the 24” range. So most consumers choose electric over gas. The great thing is even if you get an electric wall oven, you can still have a gas cooktop.
Size And Capacity
Wall ovens come in three main sizes– 24”, 27”, and 30”. These are the actual product dimensions, but when installing a wall oven, you need to carefully check cut-out dimensions– the actual space you need to make for your appliance, which is usually a bit smaller than the true dimensions. Manufacturers will always include detailed instructions and illustrations for installation.
30” ovens are the most popular and offer more capacity, but capacity may vary slightly between different makes. Most 30” models have a twin 27” model with no difference in features and performance, and they retail for the same price. Unless space is an issue, most people will choose a 30” oven.
Single, Double, Or Combo?
Single means you just have one oven cavity and double means you have two– one above the other. On average, (single) wall ovens are smaller than the typical 5-cubic-feet range oven– usually around 3.8 cu.ft, so a double oven scores you more space. These days, many 30” wall ovens meet the 5 cu.ft margin and give you a total capacity of 10 cu.ft.
The key value in having a double oven is that it gives you two different cooking environments at the same time. Also, most people reason if they are going to make a major investment in a wall oven, they may as well pay the extra for a double because of the added home value. The same logic applies to whether you are going to choose a more expensive convection model, or a cheaper thermal model.
Manufacturers are also coming up with more versatile and affordable combinations, or hybrid ovens. Combos— or combination ovens— consist of a lower oven unit and an upper microwave— which in some models also functions as a warmer or an additional smaller oven.
Thermal Or Convection?
These are the two heating technologies you can choose from. A convection oven has a fan that circulates the air resulting in faster and more even cooking. They are also better at roasting and baking. European-style convection uses just a fan, whereas ‘true’ convection has a heating element around the fan. Convection models can add an additional $200 or more to the price tag.
A thermal oven, on the other hand, is more or less the same except it doesn’t have a convection fan. In order to make double ovens more affordable, some models may have one thermal oven and one convection— so always check the details in the product description.
Related Post: Best Convection Toaster Ovens
French Doors S’il Vous Plaît
While most ovens will have a door which opens down and horizontal, French doors swing out elegantly to either side. They are very stylish and create more room in front of the oven so it’s easier to reach inside. They will also add an additional cost of $200‒$300 and are only found in the high-end range of products.
Settings And Controls
Your wall oven will either have a touch-panel control display, or a combination of digital controls and a manual dial or knob. Fully digital may look sleeker, but dial knobs are often faster and more convenient. For double ovens and combos, there are separate controls for upper and lower units.
Other Features And Controls
Ovens have many additional features and you will need to read the manual to get a full list of them. The best performing models all have a self-cleaning function. Typical extras include a 12/24 hr clock, choice of ℉ or ℃, language selection, delay cook or bake, sound and light controls, panel and door locks, 12 hr automatic shutdown, and a Sabbath mode. Increasingly, smart connectivity and control is included.
Make sure to check the end of this review for our segment: Things To Know About Installing Your Wall Oven.
Product Reviews For The Best Wall Ovens In 2019
Here is our selection for the 10 best wall ovens to buy in 2019.
- LG 30” Smart Convection Double Wall Oven – Best To Buy In 2019
- GE 24” Self-Cleaning Single Wall Oven – Best Gas Oven In 2019
- GE 30” Double Electric Wall Oven – Best Smart Convection Hybrid
- LG 30” Microwave Double Wall Oven – Best Combo Oven
- GE Cafe 30” Wall Oven – Best High-end Double And Single
- Frigidaire 30” Double Electric Wall Oven – Best Budget Model
- GE 27” Electric And Microwave Wall Oven – Best Value Combo
- Bosch 27” 800 Series Single Wall Oven – Best Single Convection Model
- Frigidaire 30” Single Electric Wall Oven – Best Budget Single
- Summit 24” Single Gas Wall Oven – Best Budget 24” Oven
Here are our top picks for The Best Wall Ovens to Buy in 2019:
A number of electric models reviewed here are twin models that come in 27” and 30”. Both sizes will almost always retail at exactly the same price—which is why people generally choose 30” unless they have to go with 27” because of space limitations in their kitchen.
All The Electric Wall Oven Reviewed Have These Features:
- Hidden bake element
- Temperature conversion in convection mode
- Self-cleaning (not always steam)
- Bake, broil and keep warm function
- Delay start and timer
- Safety locks on panels and/or doors
- Fahrenheit or Celsius option
- 12-hr automatic safety shutdown
- UL certification (not always K-Star)
1. LG 30” Smart Convection Double Wall Oven – Best To Buy In 2019
View on Amazon: LG 30″ Smart Convection Double Wall Oven
Our top recommendation gives you the best of all worlds. This LG double oven has ample capacity and ergonomic controls at your fingertips. Its extremely fast-cooking convection system saves you time and money and delivers perfect results every time. On top of the standard features, you get smart connectivity including voice controls, and an app that lets you save recipes and settings. There are two color options: stainless steel and black stainless steel.
Size and Capacity
|Cut out dimensions||23.5”D x 51.9375”H x 28.5”W|
|Open door width||40.94 inches|
|Capacity||Upper 4.7 cu.ft / Lower 4.7 cu.ft|
This LG model has a distinctive blue interior and a large viewing window in the door. It comes with three heavy-duty racks which can self-clean, and there are five rack positions in the oven. The oven features hidden bake elements and also comes with a special broiling pan.
The two ovens are identical in their functions. However, unlike other top models, there is no temperature probe. Perhaps LG chose to include smart controls and forgo the temperature probes while maintaining the same price point.
This oven can do convection bake, roast, broil, and crisp. There is also a special preheat function and a beep will notify you when your oven is ready. Other useful functions include keep warm — for both ovens— as well as dough proofing, and a delay bake function.
It has quite a busy control panel, but this eliminates the need to scroll through options on the LCD screen.
All the settings and features are quite common, except that both ovens have a unique Favorite option that allows you to enter the temperature and cooking mode for a favorite recipe. Standard settings include all those listed above and you can also choose between three languages: English, French, and Spanish. The product is fully UL and ETL certified, but not K-Star.
Smart functionality connects through LG SmartThinQ which is used to connect and interface with all LG smart appliances. You can download and preview the app on Google Play and iTunes. Through WiFi Connect as well as Alexa and Google Assistant, you can diagnose problems, initiate self-cleaning and preheating, set the time, temperature, sound levels, and temperature units. Also, you can store your favorite recipes, search the Food Channel recipes, and sync with your oven.
- Fast, even baking results and good preheating are the most popular comments.
- People like the user-friendly interface and how well self-cleaning worked.
- The smart connectivity was also well received.
- The convection fan is too loud for some.
- Users were divided over the blue interior color, and for some it took a little getting used to.
2. GE 24” Self-cleaning Single Wall Oven – Best Gas Oven In 2019
View on Amazon: GE 24″ Stainless Steel Gas Single Wall Oven
Unfortunately, there are few gas wall ovens on the market that catch the eye, and between Frigidaire and GE, the latter comes out on top. Although usually priced the same, the GE performs better, especially with broil, and it has a stronger body.
Size and Capacity
|Cut out dimensions||23.626”D x 38”H x 22.1875”W|
|Open door width||44.875 inches|
This GE gas oven has been designed with a frameless door for a more stylish and flush-fitting look. It comes in three different colors— black, white, and stainless steel (B/W/ST).
The air vent is directly above the top of the main oven, and above that is the small control panel. An additional, simple warmer drawer sits down below. There are only two gliding racks, but they have four resting positions with stop locks for extra safety. The racks, however, must be taken out during self-cleaning.
The operating fuel is natural gas, but if you prefer LP gas you will have to buy a separate conversion kit.
It has the standard cooking modes such as bake, roast, high and low broil, and preheating mode. Ignition is automatic and kicks in within 60 seconds. There is also a delay bake and start function, and the option to choose either ℉ or ℃.
The controls for this model are quite simple and easy to use. One extra feature is the choice to turn off the clock display. There is also the option to lock the control panel and an automatic 12-hour shut-off. Not all models have a Sabbath mode, so you should check this requirement for yourself. In addition, this GE oven is fully certified with UL, ANSI certification, and was listed for the LSA awards.
- People often commented on how this oven keeps a constant temperature for good baking results.
- The simple control panel was also appreciated as well as the beep that tells you preheating is complete.
- There are mixed opinions about the bottom unit just being a warmer drawer, whereas in previous models it had been a broiler. Most preferred the change.
- The inner capacity is limited-it doesn’t take a full-sized broiling pan and cookie trays can’t go in sideways.
- Other negative comments were about the noise of the fan, but this is an issue with many ovens.
- Although happy with the performance, some thought it was over-priced.
3. GE 30” Double Electric Wall Oven – Best Smart Convection Hybrid
View on Amazon: GE 30 Inch Electric Double Wall Oven in Stainless Steel
We think this hybrid model, which combines the best of convection, thermal, and smart technology, is an excellent choice for the compromise it offers. Having only one convection oven helps to cut a bit off the price tag, and this makes the smart integration more affordable. Available colors are black, slate, stainless steel, and white. An identical 27” model is also available.
Size and Capacity
|GE JKD5000SNSS27”||GE JTD3000SNSS30”|
|Cut out dimensions||23.5”D x 50.125”H x 25.25”W||23.5"D x 51.8125"H x 28.5"W|
|Open door width||48.75 inches||48.75 inches|
|Capacity||4.3 cu.ft. Upper|
4.3 cu.ft. Lower
|5 cu.ft. Upper
5 cu.ft. Lower
For these two identical models, the upper oven uses European convection, while the lower oven does traditional thermal cooking. Baking uses a 10-pass hidden element, while broil has an 8-pass element. Only the upper oven does roasting.
The racks are heavy-duty roll-out racks and can be left in the unit during self-cleaning. The internal temperature probes can display information about your food without you having to open the door.
The upper oven can be used for convection baking, broiling, and roasting. The lower thermal oven bakes, broils, keeps food warm and proofs dough. An added feature that helps with cooking is the ‘scan to cook’ function— you can scan in temperature, cooking mode, and time from the food package barcode to the settings.
Both these models are Wi-Fi enabled and can connect to Alexa, Google Assist, IFTTT, Nest and a few more. Anywhere you are, you can get remote notifications on your cooking status, and can also remotely start preheating your oven using the GE Appliances Kitchen app– download from Google Play or iTunes.
The central control panel on these models is completely digital and quite advanced. When not in use, only the time display will be lit-up. The left side of the panel has separate, backlit controls for each oven, and the right side has a number input pad.
Standard features include self-clean, Sabbath mode, a delay timer, and lock controls. One extra here is that the display lights will come back on 1 minute before the timer goes off.
- People found this oven easy to install without professional assistance.
- One of the most commented on features was the high quality of the racks which can be left inside during self-cleaning.
- The relative quietness of the convection oven was also mentioned as well as the convenience of the Wi-Fi controls
- The biggest gripe was with the digital controls. A lot of people found them challenging at first.
- In addition, the temperature cannot be adjusted during cooking without canceling and resetting everything.
4. LG 30” Microwave Double Wall Oven – Best Combo Oven
This amazing combo model offers both convection and steam cooking in the lower oven (5.7 cu.ft), while the upper microwave unit (1.7 cu.ft) does speed cooking and convection baking. Essentially, you get one and a half ovens plus a microwave and over 15 specialized functions including smart controls! Available colors are stainless steel and black stainless steel (slate).
Size And Capacity
|Oven Lower||Microwave Upper|
|Cut out dimensions||23.5”D x43.73”H x 28.5”W||23.5”D x43.73”H x 28.5”W|
|Open door width||46 inches||46 inches|
|Capacity||5.7 cu.ft.||1.7 cu.ft.|
This wall oven has the signature LG blue interior for the lower unit, a multifunctional microwave and convection upper oven, and one set of fully-digital controls right at the very top. The diversified upper unit (1.7 cu.ft) is a really convenient time and energy saver for quick meals, food prepping and heat-ups. It also provides additional capacity for large meals and big gatherings.
The lower oven features a hidden bake element and true convection. There are 3 safety-racks with raised edges and 5 rack positions to accommodate multi-rack baking. The convection fan automatically shuts off when the door is opened. Only the lower main oven has a self-cleaning mode and a temperature probe.
With the combination of these two ovens, there is absolutely no limit to your culinary creativity. The key feature of the main oven is a steam-cook mode which very few ovens have. The steam-cook water container is built into the oven wall. Steaming is great for delicate meats, vegetables, fish as well as steam baking and roasting for more mouth watering results.
The typical cooking functions of the lower oven include standard as well as convection cooking modes for baking and broiling. Additionally, there is convection roast, a keep warm mode and you can also do dough proofing.
The upper oven has a myriad of additional functions. One is a sensor cooker which is used for room temperature foods. The sensor scans for moisture content to determine cooking time, and you then choose from 9 preset food types such as rice, casserole, soup or pizza.
Another feature is Speed Cook which combines the power of halogen lights, the heating element as well as the microwave. This mode is for roasting meat, chicken and vegetables, or frozen pizza, cake, pies and breads. There’s an additional Auto Cook function with 28 presets for common foods, as well as defrost, soften, melt, convection bake and broil functions!
The one thing that this combo oven can be criticized for is its digital-only control panel. While the basic, key functions are just a touch away, other operations require you to remember quite a few patterns. Unlike its standard electric ranges, LG has removed all knobs for its wall ovens— this works okay for the double wall oven, but this combo just has too many great functions to make it all work seamlessly on one control panel.
At least popcorn mode is on the front panel, but other functions such as soften, melt, warm and proof have to be accessed through pressing the More Mode button and jumping through some additional hoops. There’s a convenient indicator for steam water levels and all the usual functions such as delay time, sound mute, locks, Sabbath mode and a few more.
Smart functionality connects through LG SmartThinQ and an app with voice commands utilizing Alexa and Google Assistant. There are various functions available, but the app, through WiFi, is used for remote start and monitoring operations as well as receiving status updates.
- The most popular comment is how much style and elegance this oven adds to the kitchen.
- A lot of people were pleasantly surprised at how useful the smart controls are.
- The steam-cook function was highly appreciated for vegetables and breads.
- The ovens are very quiet even in convection mode.
- Many felt the upper oven controls are a bit complex, requiring the manual nearby and a learning curve was necessary.
- The microwave was challenging for children to use.
5. GE Cafe 30” Wall Oven – Best High-end Double And Single
These two identical ovens receive a 4.5-star plus rating on all forums. The double oven has French doors (upper) and a horizontal door (lower). The single oven is more popular, adding style and convenience to a kitchen at a more affordable price. Colors available are stainless steel, white and matte black.
Size And Capacity
|Cafe CT9570SLSS30” Double||Cafe CT9070SHSS30” Single|
|Cut out dimensions||23.5”D x 51.937”Hx 28.625”W||23.5”D x 27.3125”Hx 28.625”W|
|Capacity||5 cu.ft Upper|
5 cu.ft Lower
|Horizontal door open width||49.75 inches||49.75 inches|
|French door open width||25 inches||25 inches|
Although this is a convection oven, you also have the option of using traditional or thermal mode. The convection mode is basic European and does high-crisp and broil, while the thermal option does low-crisp and broil.
Like similar high-end models, the bake elements are hidden for both ovens. This is the only model that has high-performance 10-pass elements for bake and broil. There’s a temperature probe for each oven, and a proof function for making yogurt or rising dough.
Accessing the interior couldn’t be easier – use just one hand to pull open either of the stylish French doors, and both will open simultaneously.
Apart from remote control, there are two separate knob controls for each oven with the LCD digital display neatly positioned between them. With the left knob you can choose the mode, and with the right one you can set the temperature.
Typical control features are ℉ or ℃ option, automatic conversion into convection temperatures, Sabbath mode, self-cleaning and safety locks.
- Everybody absolutely loves the French doors and how wonderful the oven looks in their kitchen.
- Many shorter people were very happy with how easy it is to reach into this oven. Autistic and special needs children found it very non-threatening.
- The easy to use, old-fashioned knob controls came out tops too, as did Wi-Fi for remote preheating.
- Compared to comments about noise on other convection ovens, this one is very quiet indeed.
- Quite a number of users raved about how great the baking results are.
- The shelves are difficult to maneuver and don’t measure up to the ease of use and style of the oven as a whole.
- A few users would like greater temperature control instead of the fixed 25-degree increments.
6. Frigidaire 30” Double Electric Wall Oven – Best Budget Model
View on Amazon: Frigidaire 30″ Total Capacity Electric Double Wall Oven
Smart integration and convection comes at an extra cost, but if you want something more basic and affordable, then this Frigidaire is what we recommend. There is also a 27” model. Available colors are black, black stainless steel (slate), stainless steel, and white.
Size And Capacity
|Frigidaire FFET2726TS27”||Frigidaire FFET3026TS30”|
|Cut out dimensions||24”D x 49.625”H x 25.25”W||24”D x 48.875“H x 28.5”W|
|Open door width||44.75 inches||44.75 inches|
|Capacity||3.8 cu.ft Upper |
3.8 cu.ft Lower
|4.6 cu.ft Upper
4.6 cu.ft Lower
There are no fancy frills with these two ovens. Like other Frigidaires, they have the signature big window doors and extra bright lights. There’s the hidden bake elements and broil operates on high and low, but there is of course no convection roasting to be done here.
Some added features are the oven racks which have convenient handle grips and come out very easily. There is an extra ‘add-a-minute’ feature which gives you an extra minute of cooking without having to reset the course. There is also a keep warm function and a Sabbath mode.
The all-digital control panel is very straightforward and functional.
As you can see, the controls for both ovens are separate and the number pad is down below. You can easily change between Fahrenheit and Celsius, there is the usual timer and delay start, a 12-hour safety automatic shutdown, and safety locks for the controls and the doors. Even while you are cooking, you can engage the safety lock mechanism.
- The most positive comments are how perfect the results are with evenly cooked food every time.
- People also like the spacious interior and how easy it is to use.
- Mostly, people have issues with how loud the fan is– especially the top oven.
- For a lot of people, compared to their previous ovens, this one tends to preheat more slowly.
7. GE 27” Electric And Microwave Wall Oven – Best Value Double Combo
View on Amazon: GE JK3800SHSS Combination Wall Oven
Combo ovens suit busy people and families on-the-go. This 27” model is the most popular for smaller city apartments and townhouses. There’s also a 30” model, and they both come in black, white, and stainless steel.
Size and Capacity
|GE JK3800SHSS27”||GE JT3800SHSS30”|
|Cut out dimensions||23.5”D x 41.125”H x 25”W||23.5”D x 42.25”H x 28.625”W|
|Oven Capacity||4.3 cu.ft||5 cu.ft|
|Microwave Capacity||1.7 cu.ft||1.7 cu.ft|
|Open door width||43.625 inches||43.625 inches|
For the lower oven, the key features are the large window door, and its three heavy-duty racks with six sliding positions. You can easily adjust the temperature up or down by increments of 35℉.
The upper 1000W microwave has a 16” turntable, 10 cooking levels, and built-in sensors that automatically adjust the temperature for your favorite foods. Microwave functions include defrost, popcorn, reheat, and add-30-seconds.
For controls, there is a very convenient dial to select options, time, and temperature. Steam self-cleaning is only for the lower oven, while the upper microwave unit has to be hand-cleaned. There are the usual features of °F or ℃, safety locks, 12-hour shutdown, and Sabbath mode.
- People found it easy to self install and to operate.
- The knob control got a lot of thumbs up for its ease of use.
- Many thought the microwave fan runs for too long after using.
- A number of reviewers thought the microwave beeps were too soft.
8. Bosch 27” 800 Series Wall Oven – Best Single Convection Model
View on Amazon: Bosch HBN8451UC 800 27″ Electric Single Wall Oven – Convection
Both the 27” model and the 30” model receive a 4.5+ star rating on most forums and are the highest-rated and most sought-after single wall ovens. Apart from stainless steel, the other available color is black.
Size And Capacity
|Bosch 800 Series 27”||Bosch 800 Series 30”|
|Cut out dimensions||24”D x 25.5”W x 28”H||23.5”D x 28.5”W x 28.25”H|
|Open door width||45.5 inches||45.5 inches|
|Capacity||4.3 cu.ft||4.6 cu.ft|
This Bosch is designed to integrate flush with your cabinetry and this is one key reason why people choose this model over similarly priced ones.
Key features are its quality convection system which can handle three racks of baking using the unique multi-rack mode. In addition, there is a special fast preheat function. Another featured function is the pizza mode, which deploys extra convection for a crispier crust.
This oven can do all the standard cooking modes such as bake, broil, and roast, as well as dough proofing. If you need a warmer drawer, you can purchase a matching unit separately.
The controls feature steel touch buttons together with the LCD display. All the expected features are a touch away, such as delay cook, self-clean, Sabbath mode, and panel lock.
- Many users loved its flush design and sophisticated look.
- The most appreciated features were the fast preheat function and the nice, even baking results.
- People also liked how softly the doors closed.
- A lot of people didn’t like the way hot air vents out when you open the door.
- One thing some customers didn’t check up on is that racks must be removed in the self-cleaning mode.
9. Frigidaire 30” Single Electric Wall Oven – Best Budget Single Model
View on Amazon: Frigidaire 30 Inch Electric Single Wall Oven
Once again Frigidaire is the top choice for quality that is affordable.There is also a twin 27” model and the available colors for both are black, black stainless steel (slate), stainless steel, and white.
Size And Capacity
|Frigidaire FFEW2726TS 27”||Frigidaire FFEW3026TS 30”|
|Cut out dimensions||24”D x 27.2”H x 24.9”W||24”D x 27.2”H x 28.2”W|
|Open door width||44.75 inches||44.75 inches|
|Capacity||3.8 cu.ft||4.6 cu.ft|
This budget, single model is a no fuss, simple to use oven that delivers good results. It includes most of the standard features you would expect. What’s great is that it still gives you the value of a hidden bake element and you can do high and low broil. Although just a single oven with no separate warmer draw, it does have a convenient keep warm function.
Things it doesn’t have are the add-a-minute option to extend the cooking cycle, quick preheat, and a temperature probe. While it does self-clean, there is no steam cleaning option and you must take out the trays to avoid discoloration.
The control panel is exactly the same as other Frigidaires—very intuitive and simple to use. It has all the same safety controls: control panel and door locks as well as 12-hour automatic shutdown. You can choose ℉ or ℃, and all sounds can be muted.
- Users find this oven very easy to operate and are very pleased with cooking results.
- Many also appreciated how easy it was to install.
- There are always trade-offs with cheaper models, and the main issue with this one is the fan which is too noisy. This is an issue with all Frigidaires, though.
- A lot of people complain that this oven takes a long time to preheat when using the baking mode.
10. Summit 24” Single in Black – Best Budget 24” Model
View on Amazon: Summit 24″ Stainless Steel
If you are looking for a budget gas model under $1000, this is about the only one you can find. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for, but despite some issues, it could still work for a small home or a rental property . It comes in 6 different color shades bisque, white and black. For a higher price tag, this model also offers a convection model in 30”.
Size And Capacity
|Cut out dimensions||34.125”H x 22.375”W x 23”D||26.63”H x 28”W x 24”D|
|Open door width||40 inches||42.75 inches|
|Capacity||2.92 cu.ft.||3 cu.ft.|
Although this is a very basic gas oven, its interior is made from high grade porcelain. This Summit uses natural gas and it can convert to LP without the need of an extra kit. The ignition is electric and so is the bottom drawer which functions as a broiler- a custom broiling pan is included. It has two shelves and there are four shelf positions.
The controls are really basic— all you have is a digital clock, a timer, and a knob dial to adjust the temperature and cooking settings. Other than that, you have to clean it yourself or delegate to someone else!
- People are generally happy with the results of their cooking.
- The price is very reasonable.
- There are above average reports of manufacturing faults.
- One user advised buying a flex line connection hose because there is not one included in the box.
Top-rated Wall Ovens Comparison Chart
|Model||Capacity cu.ft / ft3||Key Features||Other sizes|
|LG 30” Smart Convection Double||4.7 x 2||Convection|
|GE 24” Gas Self-cleaning||2.7||Frameless door|
|GE 30” Double Electric||5 x 2||True convection in upper oven|
Scan to cook
|LG 30” Double Combo||1.7 |
|GE Cafe 30” Double||5 x 2||French door |
|Frigidaire 30” Double Electric||4.6 x 2||Handle grip racks |
|27”(3.8 cu.ft. x 2)|
|GE 27” Electric Combo||1.7|
Auto. temp. selection
|30”(5.0 + 1.7 cu.ft.)|
|Bosch 27” 800 Series||4.3||Flush fit to cabinetry|
|30” (4.6 cu.ft)|
|Frigidaire 30” Single Electric||4.6||Add-a-minute||27” (3.8 cu.ft)|
|Summit 24” Single Gas||2.92||LP option built-in|
If you’ve decided to upgrade to a built-in oven, we wish you success and all the best with the transformation of your kitchen space. There’s a wide range of products to choose from, and we are happy if our selection has made your choice a bit easier.
Things To Know About Installing Your New Wall Oven
- Think carefully about all the costs involved— especially if you need new cabinetry made, or have to modify what you have.
- Choose your oven and match-up the cut-out dimensions to your cabinetry first before doing anything else.
- New Cabinetry can range from $300 to $1000 or more depending on material and features.
- The cost of installing a new oven, minus cabinetry and oven costs can average out at about $275.
- If you are replacing a wall oven, most retailers offer installation into existing cabinetry at around $200, or they will have a local referral service.
- Be aware that local regulations may require you to hire a qualified electrician and always get a qualified professional to install a gas oven.
- Product manuals come with detailed instructions for you, your handyman or hired installer.