Alan Nguyen is a writer and product reviewer at HealthyKitchen101. His major in English language teaching taught him to present concise information. In addition to his cooking hobby, he values the practical aspects of household appliances.
In addition to his cooking hobby, he values the practical aspects of household appliances. In 2022, he started his first project—toaster ovens—along with the Research, Testing, and Review (RTR) Lab of HealthyKitchen101 and saw his contribution coming to fruition within the same year.
Alan’s go-to leisure activities include listening to classic rock, reading, fitness training, and aforementioned cooking. He lives happily in Saigon with his wife and their two (sometimes one, sometimes four) cats.
- Received third place in the City-Level Excellent English Students Contest in 2012, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Participated in English plays featured on social media, TV, and newspapers during university.
- Worked as a freelance translator and interpreter for 1 year.
- Participated in food service during a 2-year-term military service.
- Participated in food service following the kitchen hygiene rules—A3—at Pizza 4P’s restaurant.
- Worked as a travel writer about Vietnamese destinations for Tripadago for 2 years.
- One year freelance translator and interpreter.
- Three years in food service.
- Two years travel writer.
- Reviewed Toaster Ovens.
- Kitchen Products.
EXPERTISE: Teaching English, translation, interpreting
EDUCATION: BA in English
LOCATION: Ho Chi Minh City Open University, Vietnam
HealthyKitchen101 is a media website that publishes ratings, reviews, comparisons, videos, and buying guides for kitchen appliances. The website features unbiased research- and test-based reviews to help millions of cooks from around the world choose the right appliances for their home kitchen. HealthyKitchen101 is a brand of HealthyKitchen101 LLC, a media company that focuses on making home cooking easy and sustainable for everyone. Learn About the Team and Our Editorial Policy.