Alan Nguyen is a writer and product reviewer at Healthy Kitchen 101. Alan’s major in English language teaching taught him to present concise information. His past experience includes 1 year in freelance translation, 3 years in food service, and 2 years as a travel writer.
In addition to his cooking hobby, he values the practical aspects of household appliances. In 2022, he started his first project—toaster ovens—along with the Research, Testing, and Review (RTR) Lab of Healthy Kitchen 101 and saw his contribution coming to fruition within the same year.
Alan’s go-to leisure activities include listening to classic rock, reading, fitness training, and aforementioned cooking. He lives happily in Saigon with his wife and their two (sometimes one, sometimes four) cats.
- Received third place in the City-Level Excellent English Students Contest in 2012, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Participated in English plays featured on social media, TV, and newspapers during university.
- Worked as a freelance translator and interpreter for 1 year.
- Participated in food service during a 2-year-term military service.
- Participated in food service following the kitchen hygiene rules—A3—at Pizza 4P’s restaurant.
- Worked as a travel writer about Vietnamese destinations for Tripadago for 2 years.
- One year freelance translator and interpreter.
- Three years in food service.
- Two years travel writer.
- Reviewed Toaster Ovens.
EXPERTISE: Teaching English, translation, interpreting
EDUCATION: BA in English
LOCATION: Ho Chi Minh City Open University, Vietnam